• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got USCCA? Might want to reconsider it looks like they fucked the guy that shot the youtube prankster

Two reasons I dropped USCCA. First off, the fact that they claim that if you committed a crime, they will not help you. Which means they do not understand what it means to be a defense attorney. Second, I am poor right now thanks to potatohead and I cannot afford the yearly draw, especially for coverage that will not cover me.

It is better to just spend real money, if you have it, and have a criminal defense attorney. Or even a PD.

i'm not familiar with all the clauses, exceptions, carveouts and the like, but yeah, one should really read the policies from start to finish. insurance companies are not in the business to lose money. same deal with firearms insurance - what situations will they pay out or not, and how much will they pay.

Reactions: Bender
I knew there was a reason, besides the cost, that I dodnt sign up with USCCA. Anybody had experience with the one he's hawking, 'Attorney on Retainer?

Im signed with AoR but have never needed their services. Seem legit. The put out tons of information and videos going through their policies and comparing their service to the big insurance companies. Bottom line is since they are not an insurance company, they don't have any of the bullshit exclusions that the insurance companies do. AOR recently expanded their coverage to include appeals and misdemeanors. I like knowing that if I have any issues or questions, I can pick up the phone and talk to MY lawyer, not just a lawyer.

Im signed with AoR but have never needed their services. Seem legit. The put out tons of information and videos going through their policies and comparing their service to the big insurance companies. Bottom line is since they are not an insurance company, they don't have any of the bullshit exclusions that the insurance companies do. AOR recently expanded their coverage to include appeals and misdemeanors. I like knowing that if I have any issues or questions, I can pick up the phone and talk to MY lawyer, not just a lawyer.
Pretty much came in to say this. Insurance companies cannot legally insure criminal action, so as soon as a woke prosecutor charges you with a crime, they bounce. It won't take long for USCCA and others similar to them to go out of business once enough of their customers find out it's a scam, and they dump it. I think AoR is primed for a massive increase in membership. They have the right business model that gives them the flexibility.

Branden

Reactions: Bender and TACC
Last edited:
A quick skim over their policy will tell you that if you aren't 100% just allowed to walk with no question it was a good shoot and in a state county that allows such a thing, they pretty much wont cover you. They basically go to a disposition with you and that's about it. Wrongly charged, fucked. I laughed and passed the couple times I've been pitched. I hadn't seen AOR. Looks interesting, may read into it further.

Thanks for this. Being a uscca member, I'm surprised to an extent, and I wasn't aware of AOR.

I tried to put uscca to the test by asking for an attorney list covering my area. What I ended up with was a list of attorneys that were hundreds of miles away. Next I called about 10-12 of the listed ones. I was surprised to find out many never returned my call. Others weren't even handling 2A issues. Of all of the attorneys, I was only able to speak to one, and all he wanted to talk about was the Bible and do you believe in God.

So I will drop uscca and look into AOR, but will be asking a lot of questions of them.

(Tom Grieve review of various vendors)
(Uscca response)

Last edited:
Yet will we call them out? Will we call out the youtubers and other gun folk who make money shilling for them.

Every time something like this happens 2 A folks whine and complain. They predict the demise of the company, then low and behold a few years later it is forgotten and the company goes on.

I am quite sure before the day is out I will see a post with someone going on about the deal they just got at Dicks……..

USCCA is about the same as Car Shield take your money but when you need the insurance. They'll find a way to weasel out of paying, and those celebrities that Hawke their products should be ashamed oh themselves.

USCCA is about the same as Car Shield take your money but when you need the insurance. They'll find a way to weasel out of paying, and those celebrities that Hawke their products should be ashamed oh themselves.
autocorrect bots are crappy, I would say.

I’m with Texas Law Shield…think they do business in other states too. Hope to God I never need ‘em, but seem legit based on what I was able to dig up before I signed onto their family plan.

Every video in this thread is paid for by a conflict of interest. Id like to hear ussca's reason on the cooley thing. For as long as they've been around if this is the first problem i wonder what we're not being told. The owner of Aor position on red flag laws is enough for me not to consider them.
Edit: when i first seen the shoot i figured this guy was guilty of murder. I definitely didnt think it was a reasonable shoot but im not on the jury

Yes however the original attorney (uscca hired) said it was the best self defense case he had seen in years, then uscca said "they decided it was not self defense" and quit paying so she ended up with a public defender
Thats definitely fucked up. Im curious why. If that happens a lot you'd think e would hear it more.

I am firmly convinced that it is better to just save money toward attorney fees and get your own criminal defense attorney. Even the public defender is going to be better. It is the technical description of a PDs job to be your advocate.

All USCCA is doing is acting like an insurance company against lawsuits with the big caveat that you cannot have committed a crime. Well, they dropped this guy because he was found guilty of shooting his gun in public. Since that is being considered a crime, USCCA let themselves off the hook.

So, let that company whither and die. Many species have gone extinct. So be it with companies that shoot themselves in the foot, pun totally and unapologetically intended.

There is a lot of fake news out there.

For example, the claim that USCCA dropped Alan Colie. They did not.

For example, the claim that USCCA membership benefits don't cover criminal charges, also a false statement (there are literally no limit defense expenses for covered acts of self defense that allow picking your own attorney)

Be very careful listening to social media personalities making claims about their affiliate's competition

Has anyone ever came forward with a documented case of USCCA defending anyone after a SD shooting?
Yes. There are multiple AAR's from members and member's attorneys out there. Not a lot, but...I appreciate the privacy of people's business and not putting them on blast. USCCA has said it's in the thousands of members at this point.

Here is one who got his attorney via USCCA membership even though he was carrying illegal in Chicoland at the time

Bottom of the article "According to McDermott, he picked up Artis’ case because Artis was a member of the United States Concealed Carry Association, which insures members who are charged with using a firearm in self-defense."

Last edited:
Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
They got so many exclusions that policy it's worth about as much as the 15 pieces of paper it's written on.

Hopefully the word will get out what a scam it is and they will lose all members.

Are there any particular exclusions that bother you? I am not bothered by any

Guy joins SH in 2012, but his only THREE posts are in this thread. Must work for USCCA??? Hmmmmm?!

If one believes both the Positive & Negative reports on USCCA- it's enough to make one question the coverage. IMHO

Guy joins SH in 2012, but his only THREE posts are in this thread. Must work for USCCA??? Hmmmmm?!

If one believes both the Positive & Negative reports on USCCA- it's enough to make one question the coverage. IMHO
I joined to do research, access all the forums, search, read, etc. But yes I did join 12 years ago because I've been an avid daily conceal carrier since for about 20 years, mostly I do research, rarely post (anywhere).

I do work for them. I know the things, inside and out. I was a member of USCCA for years before I heard about Delta Defense. I work here because an email went out to current members in solicitation of future employees.

Beware misinformation spread by anybody who is speaking negatively about a competitor. Good general rule to follow there, ya know?

What would you like to know?

Reactions: jrassy
Wasnt she convicted of murder 1?
Yes, Kayla Giles was and is definitively guilty of committing a heavily pre planned murder. She still got $50,000 initially but as evidence surfaced it became clear she did NOT act in self defense. The $50k she got was never recovered (the USCCA insurer has yet to recover any expenses spent in defense of a member, though that is a possibility if one is convicted final non appealable)

Reactions: M4orturnate
Pretty much came in to say this. Insurance companies cannot legally insure criminal action, so as soon as a woke prosecutor charges you with a crime, they bounce.
This is not how it works.

Even though it may not feel like it, officially we are still "innocent until proven guilty"

Being charged with a crime is not the same thing as being convicted of a crime.

You absolutely can receive the benefits of the self defense liability insurance policy that members are additional insureds on when being charged with a crime. There is a reason that, for a covered act of self defense, there is literally no limit defense expenses both criminal and civil.

There is also up to $100,000 per incident bail bond expense for that covered act of self defense.

Criminal defense expenses and bail bond expenses only come about when being charged with a crime.

Tim Schmidt covered this in the video posted above.

I do work for them.

What would you like to know?
Thank you for being truthful about USCCA being your employer.

Rather than take the word for something from an employee paid to do reputation management- I do my own research, look at objective facts, and compare that against established law in a jurisdiction.

Reactions: Warped1
@Warp how much much money has USCCA paid out in total claims?
Millions (not technically by the USCCA, but rather by the USCCA's insurer, technically...but the gist of your question and answer is millions, for thousands of members...maybe tens of millions but I don't have it in front of me right now so I'm saying millions)

Is he wrong?
The question was whether or not he is paid by USCCA to do reputation management- and he answered that he IS an employee of USCCA. If it were me I'd have a username reflecting that I'm repping for the USCCA- for sake of transparency.

I'll determine, based on my research, whether or not I think USCCA is worth the cost.

Do YOU receive any compensation in any form- from USCCA?

USCCA must really be in the shitter if they got this guy on here peddling for them.
lol I'm just a guy who came across this while doing more guns research. Nobody has me doing anything, I'm sitting at home watching Seinfeld right now for the 50th time. USCCA membership exceeds 800,000, they are doing just fine

The question was whether or not he is paid by USCCA to do reputation management- and he answered that he IS an employee of USCCA. If it were me I'd have a username reflecting that I'm repping for the USCCA- for sake of transparency.

I'll determine, based on my research, whether or not I think USCCA is worth the cost.

Do YOU receive any compensation in any form- from USCCA?
That's a totally fair assessment.

This is 100% unrelated to my job other than I know things as a result of my job.

I'm just watching TV and sharing some misinformation correction because in SO MANY THINGS out there, there is misiniformation.

But, I probably should leave this to people who actually get paid to do social stuff...which I do not.

As I am not officially doing anything, just a gun guy shooting the *crap on something I came across, I will decline further comment for risk of being or being seen as, well, IDK whatever.

Please call or chat USCCA anytime 24/7 if you want to get these answers and more straight from the horse's mouth

BTW Employees are technically Delta Defense employees, not USCCA as USCCA has members not employees. It's really calling Delta Defense as you will hear when you call

Millions (not technically by the USCCA, but rather by the USCCA's insurer, technically...but the gist of your question and answer is millions, for thousands of members...maybe tens of millions but I don't have it in front of me right now so I'm saying millions)
Instead of speculating, just come back when you do know, with a hard total.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
This:
Yes, Kayla Giles was and is definitively guilty of committing a heavily pre planned murder. She still got $50,000 initially but as evidence surfaced it became clear she did NOT act in self defense. The $50k she got was never recovered (the USCCA insurer has yet to recover any expenses spent in defense of a member, though that is a possibility if one is convicted final non appealable)

Reads like an admission to this:
Yes however the original attorney (uscca hired) said it was the best self defense case he had seen in years, then uscca said "they decided it was not self defense" and quit paying so she ended up with a public defender

So can you guys drop someone mid-prosecution if you so choose?

Reactions: NoDopes