• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gotta love the Great State of Wyoming

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
"Firearm Protection Act" HR 0104

Wyoming is going to make it illegal to enforce any more federal gun laws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law
2 which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit
3 the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on
4 firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming;
5 providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

(d) Any federal law, rule, regulation or order
3 created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be
4 unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law,
5 rule, regulation or order attempts to:
7 (i) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi8
automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
10 (ii) Require any firearm, magazine or other
11 firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.
13 Section 2. This act is effective immediately upon
14 completion of all acts necessary for a bill to become law
15 as provided by Article 4, Section 8 of the Wyoming
16 Constitution.
18 (END)</div></div>

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf

Re: Gotta love the Great State of Wyoming

Wyoming. Land of the free!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So now all firearms and firearm related accessories are free from federal scrutiny in the state of Wyoming....hmmm.

What about detainment and punishment (personal and monetary) for federal enforcers?

What's to stop the ATF?

Besides you of course...hehe.
wink.gif
</div></div>

If you read the link it says enforcement of federal laws equal a felony in the state and punishable by no less than 1 year and one day in jail up to 5 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And now, some video of Kraig upon hearing the news.</div></div>

How'd you get my picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a feeling we will be seeing other states try to do the same.
</div></div>

I think Montana already has a law just like this one the books.

A piece of legislation that should never have to exist but I'm glad Wyoming is upholding a very sensible part of the constitution.

Mmmmm..save your confederate money boys, the South gonna rise again! I mean, Texas at least.

Hmmmmm, i can't decide TEXAS..... or.........WYOMING....I'm MOVING!!!!

FU#$ N A,
Right on.... Raise the Confederate flag
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN........

I like the steps they are taking but I think this bill will have as much standing ground as the Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act. Under the Wyomig Firearms Freedom Act, WY residents and manufacturers should be able to make and sell suppressors with no paperwork as long as it stays in WY but I have yet to see anybody doing it because nobody wants to be te test dummy for when the Feds come crashing through the door. If I could just go down to TBAC and pick up a can with no wait, I would have done it by now but it's not going to happen.

federal law > state law. while the bill is right, it cant protect you from the FBI, ATF, or the SS

wait a minute states are not allowed to enforce illegal immigration laws, then why should federal gun laws be enforced??

Well now I know where I would move if it passes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">federal law > state law. while the bill is right, it cant protect you from the FBI, ATF, or the SS </div></div>

Oh you better bet your ass it can. The Constitution CLEARLY lays out the powers GIVEN to the Federal Government by the states. It also CLEARLY states that all other powers are RESERVED to the states. If you really want to test this you will not have a union.

Sure wish the Governor of Virginia had the balls to do this same thing, but no such luck. MM

Hmmm, if Nv were to pick up on this, that would be awesome. I can't really complain about our laws, they really don't restrict, and they actually lessened a lot of the CCW regs.

If it goes by the way of our neighbor, Ca, well I was just out in Fort Laramie on the 29th. If it werent for the cold, I would have totally fell in love with that state. Living in the Mojave for the last 6 years, don't have a fond appreciation of anything below 35*.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Living in the Mojave for the last 6 years, don't have a fond appreciation of anything below 35*.</div></div>

Nah, the difference between the Majove desert and the High Plains and Mountains of Wyoming is a heavy mackinaw coat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the steps they are taking but I think this bill will have as much standing ground as the Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act. Under the Wyomig Firearms Freedom Act, WY residents and manufacturers should be able to make and sell suppressors with no paperwork as long as it stays in WY but I have yet to see anybody doing it because nobody wants to be te test dummy for when the Feds come crashing through the door. If I could just go down to TBAC and pick up a can with no wait, I would have done it by now but it's not going to happen. </div></div>

A guy who made them here in CO moved up to WY to make and sell them there. I think the company is called Thunder Mountain so that's at least one person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the steps they are taking but I think this bill will have as much standing ground as the Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act. Under the Wyomig Firearms Freedom Act, WY residents and manufacturers should be able to make and sell suppressors with no paperwork as long as it stays in WY but I have yet to see anybody doing it because nobody wants to be te test dummy for when the Feds come crashing through the door. If I could just go down to TBAC and pick up a can with no wait, I would have done it by now but it's not going to happen. </div></div>

A guy who made them here in CO moved up to WY to make and sell them there. I think the company is called Thunder Mountain so that's at least one person.</div></div>

Hmm never heard of him but that doesn't mean much. Do you know where he operates out of or have some contact info for him? Would like to know how it's been working out for him as I would love to exersize the the rights set by the state.

Contact Zak Smith, a member here. He'll line you up on supressors here in Wyoming.

I'm packin m' shit in the truck and heading that way tonite!

If only. I've wanted to move out that way since I was a little feller...

I am familiar with TBAC as I have a few cans from them but he has already said to my knowledge, in a short version, that you are not going to walk into his shop and pick one up without the proper paperwork.

Here's hoping South Dakota follows suit like we did a couple years ago on the firearms freedom act.

You guys keep going. I think having a state with the balls to pass this stuff certainly helps other states afterwards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure wish the Governor of Virginia had the balls to do this same thing, but no such luck. MM </div></div>

He would if it were popular to get on the bandwagon.Bob's looking at the Big Seat in a few years. To his credit he has spoken and said had there been armed teachers at Sandy Hook it probably would have ended better. And he instituded firearm saftey courses for the grade schools.

Wow, Wyoming, thats throwing down the guantlet. I bet Texas isnt far behind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the steps they are taking but I think this bill will have as much standing ground as the Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act. Under the Wyomig Firearms Freedom Act, WY residents and manufacturers should be able to make and sell suppressors with no paperwork as long as it stays in WY but I have yet to see anybody doing it because nobody wants to be te test dummy for when the Feds come crashing through the door. If I could just go down to TBAC and pick up a can with no wait, I would have done it by now but it's not going to happen. </div></div>

A guy who made them here in CO moved up to WY to make and sell them there. I think the company is called Thunder Mountain so that's at least one person.</div></div>

Hmm never heard of him but that doesn't mean much. Do you know where he operates out of or have some contact info for him? Would like to know how it's been working out for him as I would love to exersize the the rights set by the state.
</div></div>

I don't but he's been up there and open for business for several years now. I only know him through a shop that sells his stuff down here.

This is a step in the right direction, however it will only keep the local law enforcment agencies from coming to take your freedom, the Federal government will be free to do as they please with their own people / equipment.

One need only look at the states that have legalized some use of plants that have mood / mind altering properties. While the citizens followed their constitutional right to vote on what they wished to be law and not law, it only restrains their local government not the federal government which maintains it's right to do as it pleases depending on who is in power unless laws are changed at a federal level which is much harder.

Is there any real estate left out there for sale or am I to late?!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the steps they are taking but I think this bill will have as much standing ground as the Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act. Under the Wyomig Firearms Freedom Act, WY residents and manufacturers should be able to make and sell suppressors with no paperwork as long as it stays in WY but I have yet to see anybody doing it because nobody wants to be te test dummy for when the Feds come crashing through the door. If I could just go down to TBAC and pick up a can with no wait, I would have done it by now but it's not going to happen. </div></div>

</div></div>

I don't but he's been up there and open for business for several years now. I only know him through a shop that sells his stuff down here.</div></div>

Huh yeah I'll have to do some asking around and see if I can track him down. I would like to know how many he has sold with no paperwork and how it is all working out for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Huh yeah I'll have to do some asking around and see if I can track him down. I would like to know how many he has sold with no paperwork and how it is all working out for him. </div></div>

Next time I'm at the shop he used to work at I'll get his info for you. Send me PM later next week and I'll have it by then, he's even a member on this site but I can't for the life of me remember his name.

Amen!

Note my location
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Huh yeah I'll have to do some asking around and see if I can track him down. I would like to know how many he has sold with no paperwork and how it is all working out for him. </div></div>

Next time I'm at the shop he used to work at I'll get his info for you. Send me PM later next week and I'll have it by then, he's even a member on this site but I can't for the life of me remember his name. </div></div>

Cool thanks Binder. I'll get with you next week sometime.

Anyone want to place odd on this actually becomeing law in Wyoming?