• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Government ACOG???

utnapishtim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Hi all,

I picked up an ACOG off a Hide member about two years ago, and the tritium is getting pretty weak. I'd really like to send it back to get it replaced, taking advantage of the lifetime warranty. That said, I'm a bit nervous that I may have purchased a bring-back from somebody's deployment, in which case, I won't get it back if I send it in.

Is there any way to tell whether or not I have a legit commercial ACOG, vs. something that rightfully belongs to the Pentagon?

Thanks,
Rich

Disclaimer for Purchasing USED Trijicon Products

Any Trijicon product purchased in the second-hand (USED) marketplace should be considered a "buyer beware" situation. Trijicon cannot confirm nor deny that any product is legitimate when being purchased in the USED marketplace. There are various reasons why a potential purchaser of any USED product should be cautious. These include many fakes or forgeries of products, as well as the possibility of the USED product being stolen goods. Please do not contact us to determine if a potential purchase is authentic. We can only determine authenticity if we have the product in-hand at our factory. Trijicon strongly recommends purchasing new Trijicon products from an Authorized Trijicon Retailer.

Be careful. Even calling in a serial number of a "stolen" Acog will probably get you a phone call from the Dept of Defense. (this FRIEND I have went through this) :) They will mostly be making sure you're not selling 20 of them for a serious profit, but its scary nonetheless. Always call in the serial # before you buy.

Email them. Trijicon is very helpful.

They will tell you if it was from a DoD contract. if it was, you will need a certification from the DoD that they have released it, IF they did in fact do so. Also, the lifetime warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser, or, if you are lucky enough to have a scope that was not registered for the warranty by a previous owner, Trijicon can send you a new warranty card for the ACOG that you can fill out.

Secondly, I do not believe Trijicon will replace an ACOG for weak tritium. They will refurbish it for you by replacing the tritium and other vital internals. Which, if you do not have a warranty for that scope, runs between $400-$500.

Trijicon has no clue what's government and what's not. They have told people who bought new from vendors such as rainier arms that there acogs were gov.