• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Government to gun owners: Fix It or Go To Prison

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't know about you but I'd be pretty fuckin' pissed off had I purchased one of these rifles, only for the g*ddamned government tell me to hand it over!

gun.jpg
<span style="font-size: 8pt">
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Any citizen who already owns an AP-80 or G22 (shown), Matt Gurney writes, and does not already possess a rare
prohibited-class licence, has been ordered to turn in their rifles within 30 d</span>ays</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two small-calibre rifles have been suddenly reclassified by the RCMP-run Canadian Firearms Program. The rifles in question, the Armi Jager AP-80 and the Walther G22, are both unremarkable .22-caliber long guns. While any firearm is dangerous, .22-caliber firearms are among the weakest around — indeed, they’re typically used to train rookie shooters basic firearm safety and operation.

Canadian law divides firearms into three categories, using complex technical criterion and a bevy of politically-motivated “exemptions”, and citizens can only legally own firearms in the categories their licence covers. No further licences are issued for the third and highest category, prohibited. By declaring a new exemption and moving these rifles from the non-restricted list — the category subject to the least controls — to the prohibited list, the RCMP has essentially banned them for all but a constantly shrinking group of Canadians who owned prohibited-class firearms before the current gun control legislation was passed under Jean Chrétien.

That’s bad. This is worse: Any citizen who already owns an AP-80 or G22, and does not already possess a rare prohibited-class licence, has been ordered to turn in their rifles within 30 days. Failure to do so will mean they are unlawfully in possession of a prohibited firearm, and subject to as much as 10 years behind bars. It doesn’t matter if they purchased it legally, paid all the sales taxes, and have stored it safely ever since. The RCMP has declared that it was a mistake to allow citizens to purchase these firearms, and wants them turned in, pronto. Or else.</div></div>

Full Article - The National Post

Re: Government to gun owners: Fix It or Go To Prison

High Binder,

I had posted an email that I'd just recieved, and thought some might get a laugh or two. Remember? In the joke section?

This here, from the OP, is NOT the first time that this godforsaken shithouse has done these things. If you look a little closer, you'll find that there's no remuneration for the previous law-abiding citizens, either.

As stated many times, the 'aloof' here would screw up the Lord's Prayer given half a chance, too.

And yes, I'm hanging my head in disgust. If ya'll really know what the RCMP did/does/has done, then you'd agree that they can be pretty pathetic. Worst shooters I've ever shot beside at a handgun range, too. I will say though, there was this ONE particular rifle shooter....

Didn't something similar to this happen to the semi auto import version of the Chinese Type 95?
Banning the G22 seems a bit odd, even for the Mounties, shits that they are, what asinine reasoning did they use this time "easily convertible to fully automatic"?

I don't know, but it probably has something to do with the "total ban on anything resembling a Bull-Pup style stock". Call me crazy, but that's where I would lead. Kim Campbell thought that they looked 'icky' years ago when she went on her 'stalin's purges' and ruined this sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">High Binder,

I had posted an email that I'd just recieved, and thought some might get a laugh or two. Remember? In the joke section?
</div></div>

I think the humor of my above post was lost in translation. I wasn't trying to offend you. Sorry, I should have made it more clear that referencing your funny post was just for laughs being that yours was 'how great Canada is' and this one is about 'how fucked up it is'.

Yeah, HB, you're right. I missed that connection. I'm getting too old and cranky, eh?

Wanna coffee?

Here is the rest of the article stating why they re-classed them:

With the G22 rifle, the RCMP has at least a flimsy excuse for the reclassification— it says because the rifle can be easily shortened by removing the back end, it’s too easily concealable to be a non-restricted rifle (the blame still lies with the government for making the mistake in the first place, but at least that’s something). The decision to ban the AP-80, however, has no logic behind it at all. The RCMP claims that it was “incorrectly registered” as non-restricted because the AP-80 is a “variant of the design of the firearm commonly known as the AK-47 rifle” — a Soviet-designed military combat rifle.

Except … it isn’t. At all. The AP-80 fires an entirely different (and much weaker) kind of ammunition, using a different internal mechanism and is built from completely different materials and components (precisely zero of the parts of the AP-80 and AK-47 are compatible or interchangeable). The only thing the AP-80 has in common with the AK-47 is its silhouette — when the AP-80 was designed, the manufacturer decided to make it look like the famous AK-47, for purely marketing reasons. As a rifle, the AP-80 is a completely unremarkable low-caliber plinker. Only by making it look like a famous military rifle could the company hope to sell many copies, so that’s what they did. The RCMP is banning the AP-80 because it looks scary.

Many Canadian firearms owners suspect that the federal Tories, once they scrap the long-gun registry, will lose interest in the firearms issue. They’ll have kept their promise but, fearful of being painted by the media and opposition as pro-gun extremists, will move on. But even once the registry is gone, Canada’s firearms laws will still be a mess — for proof of that, look no further than the above. Stepping in now to prevent this outrageous seizure of private property on the flimsiest of justifications would be a good place for the Tories to start showing Canada’s lawful firearms owners that the Conservative party hasn’t forgotten them just yet.

I thought Illinois sucked.

"oh Canada! ....

I'd bury mine up in the hills. When a government oversteps its bounds it is up to the people to resist the application of the law. Governments slowly take away more and more liberties from its people until the people become so outraged that a massive change has to happen. Historically, those changes are violent. If government was minimal and only served the purpose of uniting people on issues approved by the majority, governments would last longer. Unfortunately, those in a position of power feel like it is their job/duty/right to make more and more legislation. There sure is a huge disconnect between governments and their citizens as of late.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gjantzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd bury mine up in the hills. When a government oversteps its bounds it is up to the people to resist the application of the law. Governments slowly take away more and more liberties from its people until the people become so outraged that a massive change has to happen. Historically, those changes are violent. If government was minimal and only served the purpose of uniting people on issues approved by the majority, governments would last longer. Unfortunately, those in a position of power feel like it is their job/duty/right to make more and more legislation. There sure is a huge disconnect between governments and their citizens as of late. </div></div>

+1 and extremely well said.