• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GPS Info Exported To Scope...?

Sidetro...

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2023
For a long time now I've thought about how to integrate a camera into a scope but now I've begun thinking about how to implement GPS target marking into a scope. In other words, using your phone or Garmin or whatever device, any device with GPS, mark your targets and when you've completed marking several targets and are ready for to shoot, the "map" of your target locations could be exported from your device and loaded into the scope and viewed as an overlay onto the natural landscape you are viewing through the scope at that time. Does that make sense to anyone but me? Lol . I'm wondering if there is such a thing developed as of yet. The application I have in mind would be something like a buried target that you wouldn't want to leave a marker stuck in the ground next to it but would need some reference to the target at a later date. If you had a map of said targets saved in a file and could upload that map as an overlay into your scope thar would be freaking awesome. So now that I've given out my idea here I'd better head straight to the patent office. Lol. Thanks in advance for any help and/or info.

Probably want to start with ATAK on your phone and work from there.

I have used atak to record targets, mainly to share them for retrieval.
The whole point of them was for shooters to find them by themselves. Scanning area / searching targets is a skill in itself.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew