• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Grade B L3 vs Echo

SNOW JW

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
Looking at a n-vision grade B L3 white phosphorus pvs14 versus an white phosphorus echo tube for driving and setting up my Coyote stands curious is to what you guys would recommend going with thank you.

I have a photonis echo with 2000+ FOM and it’s great when there is some ambient light or with illumination. Haven’t compared it side by side with gen 3 tubes but I don’t think there is much difference those environments. On an overcast night or under canopy with minimal ambient light, the echo tubes will be significantly darker then gen 3 and especially filmless. Nitewalker on YouTube has a pretty good video showing performance in different scenarios. If you’re going to be using IR illumination, I’d probably save the money and go with the echos. If you need low light performance, go with L3.