• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Graf .338 Lapua brass?

rogue308

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2009
TX
Just picked up some .338 Lapua brass. Headstamp says Graf .338 Lapua. Did a search and didn't come up with much. Is this quality brass? How does is it stack up to Lapua?

Re: Graf .338 Lapua brass?

I think it's made for Grafs by PRVI. My 7.5x55 Swiss brass is stamped Graf but it comes in bags that are strikingly similar to PRVI.

If it's anything like my 7.5x55 brass then it will be nothing like Lapua quality, more like Remington.

Really? That's too bad. I was expecting better. Especially since it appears to have come annealed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rogue308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really? That's too bad. I was expecting better. Especially since it appears to have come annealed. </div></div>

It's annealed, the lengths are consistent and it shoots decently but the primer flash holes need to be deburred, case mouths chamfered and deburred and neck thicknesses were not as consistent as the Lapua 308 brass that I have and the 2 pieces of NIB 338 Lapua made brass that I have. I don't own a 338 LM though so the few pieces of brass that I have for it are from:

Norma, Jamison, Hornady, Lapua