• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Grateful Coffee

Lawless

Pureblood
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2018
    NC
    I asked Frank if me giving a plug for this was Ok and he agreed.

My nephew has began importing and roasting coffee from Guatemala after several missions trips to the area by himself and his family. He, like myself, was struck by the abject poverty of the area and the resilience of the people who live and work there. It took many calls, meetings and contacts to get this done but after a lot of work and help it is off the ground. This company sends 100% of the profit back to Guatemala, to the growers, where most companies keep the profit for themselves.

He stays up nights doing this to help those people and does not take one dime. It is all done locally, a local coffee company allows him to use their roasting equipment and he is self taught.

It is good, really good. Please consider ordering a bag to try. It is very complex and truly excellent with subtle notes of cherry without being too sweet, a little citrus without being too acidic and just a hint of chocolate.

In a world that seems to be going to crap, this is a ray a good. This project is directly helping people who live at a level of income that most of us would find unbelievable.

Check it out and order at https://www.grateful.coffee/

Thank you gentlemen.

EBB1D388-9819-4513-9A78-1068A396EF37.jpeg

Awesome. I was on a mission trip to Honduras several years ago. Amazing how beautiful the area is but sad that the government is so corrupt.

I will certainty look into buying a bag or two.

I tried to purchase a bag but they only accept payment with tools that I don’t use. Suggest PayPal to sell more coffee. Great story and effort. Sorry I was not able to support the effort.

I am out of town till at least Sunday.......I will order a bag when I get home...........my go to is something else, but I am willing to give it a try..........

I tried to purchase a bag but they only accept payment with tools that I don’t use. Suggest PayPal to sell more coffee. Great story and effort. Sorry I was not able to support the effort.
    PM sent

PM me please if you need a different mechanism to purchase, we’ll work it out.

As good as it is brewed, cold brewed in the refrigerator is another few levels into delicious.

If they make a dark roast hit me up. I appreciate what they're doing. I spent some time on missions in Guatemala myself. FWIW, a met a couple guys who's families were coffee farmers. One was the nephew of the ex-president, circa 2001 or so. Surprisingly, they said Starbucks was very generous to the farmers and land owners. I much rather support small business if possible though.

I prefer dark coffees myself and Matt is working on one but honestly this is so rich and complex I like it better than my favorite darks.

In.

Gifts for friends.

All my homies have everything. And a thoughtful cup of coffee while enjoying a nice AM in our beautiful mountains is always a favorite.

will look at payment stuff and order on my laptop at home

• Love
    Reactions: Lawless