• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gratitude

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    I am grateful . Something popped in my calf today in work . instant stabbing pain . Took a second to assess , no more pain . So I take a step and stab right in the top of my calf . Wait again , slow walk it and stab .
    Long story short light duty etc . Haven t seen company Doc due to Covid
    ( BS on Doc's part ) and I'm grateful . Haven't missed time due to this ,
    good job with great Bennies , work with great people , no fears .
    Have to say that I am truly blessed . I know that this could go south quick but so far so good .

I totally ruptured my achilles' tendon approximately one year ago. THAT felt like getting hit with a 2x4 or baseball bat in the calf.

Subsequently Surgery, orthopedic boot for 6-8 weeks, PT, & I am still trying to get back to 100%.

As far as your situation, perhaps a partial tear... just guessing. I would suggest having someone look at it... you DONT want an incision and the associated good stuff like this... Actually the scar healed well. The bump is where they sewed the mop ends of the tendons together, and then wrapped it with a cadaver tendon from a donkey's ass. 🤣🤣🤣

Good luck!

20210302_143358.jpg

I totally ruptured my achilles' tendon approximately one year ago. THAT felt like getting hit with a 2x4 or baseball bat in the calf.

Subsequently Surgery, orthopedic boot for 6-8 weeks, PT, & I am still trying to get back to 100%.

As far as your situation, perhaps a partial tear... just guessing. I would suggest having someone look at it... you DONT want an incision and the associated good stuff like this... Actually the scar healed well. The bump is where they sewed the mop ends of the tendons together, and then wrapped it with a cadaver tendon from a donkey's ass. 🤣🤣🤣

Good luck!

View attachment 7571298
    What in Dr Frankenstein's mutilated meat show is that ?
    I got a vid appointment tomorrow the real appt at the end of the week .
    Back when I was fighting I went to work with a broken foot , broken wrist , broken rib and dislocated jaw . IOP . It's only pain . I'll be twice as grateful if this is short term and no cuttin .

Spoke to a guy yesterday at physio, he was stuck on a forklift, when gas ignited all around him.
    Third degree burns over his arms and chest, but kept his eyes and face.
    He was so grateful that he had followed protocol, and wore his respirator.
    Makes you appreciate an easy run when you get it.

Get well soon👍

I am grateful . Something popped in my calf today in work . instant stabbing pain . Took a second to assess , no more pain . So I take a step and stab right in the top of my calf . Wait again , slow walk it and stab .
    Long story short light duty etc . Haven t seen company Doc due to Covid
    ( BS on Doc's part ) and I'm grateful . Haven't missed time due to this ,
    good job with great Bennies , work with great people , no fears .
    Have to say that I am truly blessed . I know that this could go south quick but so far so good .
    Did that a few years ago. Tore calf muscle. I thought it was my Lab's tail slapping my calf. Nope....no pain for about 10-15 minutes then it came on. Never took pain killers, but was close.

That said, I'm going to have to have both my Achilles fixed. Microtears over the years and I've calcified where it attaches to base of foot. NOT looking forward to that at all. Grind bone, debride tendon, staple it back on, cut calf muscle to lengthen...NO weight for 2 weeks, 10% per week. Probably a 6 month rehab for each.

• Wow
    Reactions: Alphatreedog
    What in Dr Frankenstein's mutilated meat show is that ?
    I got a vid appointment tomorrow the real appt at the end of the week .
    Back when I was fighting I went to work with a broken foot , broken wrist , broken rib and dislocated jaw . IOP . It's only pain . I'll be twice as grateful if this is short term and no cuttin .
    Feel better dude-seems this type of stuff comes at us as we age. Not so easy to shake off as it once was it seems.

Feel better dude-seems this type of stuff comes at us as we age. Not so easy to shake off as it once was it seems.
    ^^This.

When youre 20 you laugh about it
    When youre 30 you smile about it
    When youre 40 you deal with it
    When youre 50 you admit it hurts
    When youre 60 you start to complain about it
    When youre 70 you go for surgery and hope for a quick recovery.

Im not really looking forward to 80 but considering the alternative....

Take it slow and if you need surgery DO THE DAMNED PT it helps.

Last edited: