• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Gray Fox barking at me last night.

dieselgeek

Do you even Shoot Bro?
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Last night I was walking the dog, and I heard this very strange sound coming from behind me. I turn around and sure enough there is a grey fox very close to me. My dog of course, thinks her 9 year old butt is ready for a fight. I got these pics from my bedroom balcony, when I play sounds of a grey fox, it comes running right up to the drive way and starts to "bark" again

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t0c_4tKZrts"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t0c_4tKZrts" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

BLNLh.jpg

pOJNh.jpg

o4dbx.jpg

Re: Gray Fox barking at me last night.

Very cool. It's beginning of mating season isn't it?

We have red foxes all over my neighborhood. They're pretty funny to watch and the local cats love kicking their asses (yep the cats actively seek them out for fights and send the foxes running every time) but man do they make some scary and very loud sounds at night. Sounds like screaming children and other haunting sounds. I was going to trap them and relocate them but I kind of like seeing them out and about everyday (they're pretty friendly and almost let you get close enough to touch them but not quite) and they're afraid of the domestic critters so no harm there. The worst they've done is torn up a few garbage bags I left out on the porch overnight from time to time.

Used to be a fox that hung out behind our house. He'd come up on the deck and stare at our dogs through the sliding glass door. I'd occasionally whack a squirrel, throw it over the fence and he'd come around and eat it. Everything but the tail. My daughter, who was about six at the time, named him "Timothy." One morning our son, about 9 at the time, came into our room to tell us there was a guy yelling outside his window. It was the fox, and it really did sound like someone yelling inarticulately from a distance. That was about ten years ago. Still some foxes around, but I think the coyotes are eating them.

Cool stories, this was the first time I had ever seen one. Going to keep my eye open for him from now on.

"Think Rabies First" is an old but appropriate warning. I'd be very careful of a fox that is that brave.

Wow... thats cool. The only thing I ever see in my yard is an occasional skunk. Drinking late one night, I decided it would be a great idea to whack him with my bow. Not only did I miss, kids couldnt play outside for a week! Stupid!!

love watching foxes around here. on the subject of skunks...lived in a trailer in Apollo PA at one time in my life, and there was a family of skunks nearby. One night i got tired of the stink under my bedroom window (with the fan in the window SUCKING THE STINK IN...) so i fired up the tippman with a hopper full of frozen paintballs. That skunk was one tough muther. I kept breaking FPB's off his skull at 20 yards @ 350+ fps and he kept coming. Yes, alcohol was involved. Yes, i punched a bunch of holes in the skirt of my trailer. No, i didn't kill the skunk. And Yes, someone would have made a million bucks with a youtube video of a fat drunk guy in his skibbies trying to put the kabosh on a skunk with a tactical paintball gun. Wait...did i just admit this on the public interweb???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">love watching foxes around here. on the subject of skunks...lived in a trailer in Apollo PA at one time in my life, and there was a family of skunks nearby. One night i got tired of the stink under my bedroom window (with the fan in the window SUCKING THE STINK IN...) so i fired up the tippman with a hopper full of frozen paintballs. That skunk was one tough muther. I kept breaking FPB's off his skull at 20 yards @ 350+ fps and he kept coming. Yes, alcohol was involved. Yes, i punched a bunch of holes in the skirt of my trailer. No, i didn't kill the skunk. And Yes, someone would have made a million bucks with a youtube video of a fat drunk guy in his skibbies trying to put the kabosh on a skunk with a tactical paintball gun. Wait...did i just admit this on the public interweb???</div></div>

Quoted for awesomeness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Quoted for awesomeness </div></div>

That is really cool. I live on the Allen/Lucas border and have seen a few coyotes and a bobcat, but never a fox.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">love watching foxes around here. on the subject of skunks...lived in a trailer in Apollo PA at one time in my life, and there was a family of skunks nearby. One night i got tired of the stink under my bedroom window (with the fan in the window SUCKING THE STINK IN...) so i fired up the tippman with a hopper full of frozen paintballs. That skunk was one tough muther. I kept breaking FPB's off his skull at 20 yards @ 350+ fps and he kept coming. Yes, alcohol was involved. Yes, i punched a bunch of holes in the skirt of my trailer. No, i didn't kill the skunk. And Yes, someone would have made a million bucks with a youtube video of a fat drunk guy in his skibbies trying to put the kabosh on a skunk with a tactical paintball gun. Wait...did i just admit this on the public interweb??? </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">LOL. You are a god among men.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macgulley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Think Rabies First" is an old but appropriate warning. I'd be very careful of a fox that is that brave.</div></div>

I agree. Being neither nocturnal nor diurnal, the genus Vulpes are crepuscular, haunting the twilight hours in general. I grew up on a farm. My grandfather taught me to avoid any fox I saw in daylight.

I told my daughter about this when she was young. She won't even go into the woods with me, guns or no.

Had a mating pair that used to come and see me at my fav deer stand. There fun to watch and talk back and forth to each other. I'd make a squeak sound and they come right under the stand looking for what made the sound then carry on with there hunt and leave me to mine. I could here them calling before and after they showed up was a cool thing to see and hear.

I used to live in dallas way back in 1980

i never saw any wild animals in town except the 2 legged kind

Start carrying a laser pointer, watching a fox pounce and go ape shit on a red dot is f'n hilarious. We have a few foxes in our town and I pull out the taser and play with them every chance I get - very entertaining!