• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gray Ops Mini V2

jsimonh

Minuteman
Feb 4, 2011
Altus, Oklahoma
Been debating between a Pro and 419 X for a while and went to cruise the sites again when I saw the update to the mini. Compatible with the Armageddon pad, brass weights can be added, and a better shape at the same price. Looks like a winner to me. Don't have a dog in the fight, just thought it was slick.

035A2659_900x.jpg
035A2664_900x.jpg

Nice thanks for the heads up. Been shopping these plates; is anyone considering this over the mini plate pro now?

Gray Ops posted a video on FB and IG with a little more info for those who want to check it out.
Nice thanks for the heads up. Been shopping these plates; is anyone considering this over the mini plate pro now?
Im seriously in the market looking at the mini plate pro. And I thought about doing the V2 instead. Whats keeping me from jumping on the cost savings of the v2 is the fact it doesnt come with the weights. So its not as huge of savings depending on the cost of the weights. Which currently are not listed by themselves.

Forgive the stupid question but what exactly do these plates do?
creates a larger flat surface area. Helps stability. And if you attach a bag to the plate. You dont have to use your spare hand to move the bag. Its attached to the gun. So it allows you to move into position faster. Also a easy way to add weight. You can also rest your support hand on it and the barricade at the same time also helping in stability. Im sure there are probably some other pros to it im missing.

Reactions: deersniper
I run a pro plate and this is basically the same. Just a bit cheaper since it has the screw clamp instead of lever. Makes sense to have released the pro first and then this since it’s cheaper.

I imagine this is geared towards the hold outs who didn’t want to pay the premium for the pro plate (nothing wrong with that).

If you’re on the fence, buy it. Even if you only use it for the mounted bag its worth it. For example, a recent match we had a stage with 4 port holes and on position on the top of the railroad ties. And we had to do it twice. So, 10 positions in 1:40. I was able to complete the stage with 9/10 and had about 8 seconds left when I was breaking the last shot. I think one other person almost got to the last position with a regular cookie/game changer bag.

I also finished a two target (with a big swing) per position prs barricade in about 1:15 with clean run.

Point being, this plat and bag are stable enough to run almost as stable as you would a regular cookie/gamechanger.

Reactions: RS14
Gray Ops posted a video on FB and IG with a little more info for those who want to check it out.

Im seriously in the market looking at the mini plate pro. And I thought about doing the V2 instead. Whats keeping me from jumping on the cost savings of the v2 is the fact it doesnt come with the weights. So its not as huge of savings depending on the cost of the weights. Which currently are not listed by themselves.

It’s slightly confusing on the weight purchase.

Go to the mini plate v2 page and you’ll see the option for the bag, weights, and double arca adapter.

You can click “add to cart” on any of them without actually adding the plate to the cart. The weights are $45. So you’ll save $70 vs the pro plate with weights.

Reactions: Newbie2020

When I ordered the weights were there, 45 for a set. Saves 70 bucks over the Pro.

Go to the mini plate v2 page and you’ll see the option for the bag, weights, and double arca adapter.

You can click “add to cart” on any of them without actually adding the plate to the cart.
Ah ok. I guess I hadnt actually went to the V2s actual page. Just looked at it on the home page. So basically its $70 difference between the two once you buy the weights that come with the pro plate.

Ah ok. I guess I hadnt actually went to the V2s actual page. Just looked at it on the home page. So basically its $70 difference between the two once you buy the weights that come with the pro plate.

Ya. If I didn’t already have the pro, I’d buy this one. The lever clamp isn’t a big deal.

I run a pro plate and this is basically the same. Just a bit cheaper since it has the screw clamp instead of lever. Makes sense to have released the pro first and then this since it’s cheaper.

I imagine this is geared towards the hold outs who didn’t want to pay the premium for the pro plate (nothing wrong with that).

If you’re on the fence, buy it. Even if you only use it for the mounted bag its worth it. For example, a recent match we had a stage with 4 port holes and on position on the top of the railroad ties. And we had to do it twice. So, 10 positions in 1:40. I was able to complete the stage with 9/10 and had about 8 seconds left when I was breaking the last shot. I think one other person almost got to the last position with a regular cookie/game changer bag.

I also finished a two target (with a big swing) per position prs barricade in about 1:15 with clean run.

Point being, this plat and bag are stable enough to run almost as stable as you would a regular cookie/gamechanger.
Thanks for the advice!
I've been wanting one of the bags for doing multiple tripod positions without having to move both the front gamechanger and the tripod; now with something that $70 over the pro well, its an easy sell!

Just ordered one. I really don't utilize the gamer plate that much but it's nice for narrow ports and using tripod as rear support as others have mentioned. I also carry around an able table but will sell that now.. V2 can pull double duty as tac table.

I’ve got a tricone from cole-tac but a cookie type bag that would work with the plate would be great. I mostly use a cole-tac trap bag with the backbone at the moment.

@Dthomas3523 I assume you've done the Area419 plate and the Greyops plate, what made you choose the Greyops plate over the Railchanger-X? I currently run the Railchanger-X with the shmedium or the d-bag and it works well for the port like stages and fast transition.

If I'm not having to do too many transitions, then I generally just run the Wiebad Charlie MFC Sticky that I find has the best grip and feel.

I see all this hype with the greyops plate so I'm curious what the difference is on why someone would choose or over the other.

I see all this hype with the greyops plate so I'm curious what the difference is on why someone would choose or over the other.

I'm not Dthomas but the only thing holding me back on the 419 is in my limited experience and the experience of several shooters is attaching the bag is handy but not super practical in a lot of situations. The non flat bottom of the 419 along with the bag lever hanging on one side had me hesitant on it. Im sure neither feature really effects function, just preference.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
@Dthomas3523 I assume you've done the Area419 plate and the Greyops plate, what made you choose the Greyops plate over the Railchanger-X? I currently run the Railchanger-X with the shmedium or the d-bag and it works well for the port like stages and fast transition.

If I'm not having to do too many transitions, then I generally just run the Wiebad Charlie MFC Sticky that I find has the best grip and feel.

Short answer is, it’s smaller.

Looks like the knob on the v2 now makes the bottom not flat like the Pro has with the QD lever.

The "smaller" is nice. I've had stages where I didn't run the RCX since it wouldn't fit in the port hole. I should look at the actual measurements and compare.

You are correct on the knob making in not flat. The original mini that I had was flat with the exception of the knob also. Throwing it on a bag and sliding the gun across it into position was a non issue. Like I said, I'm sure the X is fine doing this also but its got a little more going on than the mini.

I do like the looks of the thumb rest on the X though.

I just measured my RCX at 4.75" wide, and 8.75" long if you include the full length to length flange that goes around the mag well. Ignoring the flange, and just say where the plate goes to the mag well, would be 4.75 by 7.5"

The mini plate pro measures 4.5 by 6.75 so a little thinner, and a little shorter. Doesn't seem like the RCX is that much bigger.

The flat bottom is intriguing. I might print out a grippy bottom mold that 'clips' into the plate like a bag would to just use the plate as a flat surface.

Used a Gray Ops Mini plate pro several weeks ago in a bus stage w 5 transitions. having the bag/plate mounted to the bottom front of the chassis and not having to manipulate/move it was huge. Was able to complete all 5 positions in 90 seconds in a local PRS match where I guarantee I would have timed out having to manipulate 2 bags. Awesome tool for the toolbox....

You can click “add to cart” on any of them without actually adding the plate to the cart. The weights are $45. So you’ll save $70 vs the pro plate with weights.
Dthomas do you use the pro pad that is sold along w the plate on the Gray Ops site or do you recommend a different bag? Assuming that the prop pad is ideal because of the mounting straps, just wasn't sure if there were other mounting options for other bags. Thanks!

Got mine, not 100% sure on what weight configuration to makes sense to run. Have tried it with maximum weight (sand + some beads + weights) and its great as a middle support, like pictured above. but to use it as a tripod front, i think it makes sense to have it lightweight?

Got mine, not 100% sure on what weight configuration to makes sense to run. Have tried it with maximum weight (sand + some beads + weights) and its great as a middle support, like pictured above. but to use it as a tripod front, i think it makes sense to have it lightweight?

I did the same thing as you. Tried 3 different fill setups and went back to just beads. For me, I think wider baricades and for front support during tripod use will be the main function and I dont need it full of sand for those tasks. When holding the rifle upright I felt the sand by itself didn't smooth out and get level as fast as the beads when flopping it onto different surfaces. YMMV.