• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Grayboe Renegade Torque Specs?

IowaGeologist

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2018
Central Iowa
Just picked up my first Grayboe, and although it has a nice chip from shipping (which Red Hawk Rifles is working with me on) I'm really liking the stock. However, I'm still trying to find a recommended torque spec for the action screws. I can't find anything listed on their website and the one review I found that mentions torque specified he did his at 35 in/lbs. That seems pretty light for a pillar bedded stock, was thinking more 45-55 in/lbs.

Just wondering if anyone knows the recommended specs or what they've had luck with. Thanks.

The action usually dictates the torque...not the stock.

for most rifles anywhere from 30-65in/lbs is normal.

i torque mine to 65 and it works for me.

The action usually dictates the torque...not the stock.

for most rifles anywhere from 30-65in/lbs is normal.

i torque mine to 65 and it works for me.
Thanks for the quick answer and good to know. I guess I've always read varying specs based off the stock material/composition. 35-45 in/lb for wood/non-bedded composite, 55-65 or so for pillar bedded or aluminum block bedded stocks/chassis. I know MDT recommends 65 for the chassis I used to have while I believe Remington recommends only 45 for the 700. So damn confusing, ll go with 65 and call it good.

honestly so long as you are consistent in your torque values, its doesnt really matter.

people will shoot groups at different torque values to see if one values produces better accuracy......ive never gotten any results out of doing that personally.