• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grayboe stock construction

mpwolf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2014
I have a Grayboe Terrain stock. It's a bit heavy in the butt, and I'm wondering about how it's constructed. I'm tempted to cut the pad off and take a look to see if some material could be removed to lighten it up, but thought I'd see if anyone already knows what I'll find before I start tearing things apart?

I believe its pressure injected fiberglass resin, with some of the hardware held in place in the mold when poured, but give them a call, and I am sure they will tell you. I went to see them in person this week and they were amazingly helping and friendly.

I believe its pressure injected fiberglass resin, with some of the hardware held in place in the mold when poured, but give them a call, and I am sure they will tell you. I went to see them in person this week and they were amazingly helping and friendly.
thanks, that would certainly explain the heft if it's poured resin.

I saw them with some stocks in the mill there getting hogged out to lighten them, so likely no reason you coudn't either, just avoid that hardware. :)

You might want to ask Joe Ducos, aka the Stock Doc, to see if he has done any adjustable comb conversions on Grayboe stocks. He may be able to give you a better idea of what to expect or what to avoid.