• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greasy ammo

CavTrooper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2007
SoCal
just received my package of Wolf match target, this stuff shoots great in my 10/22, its pretty dang greasy though. Yall run this greasy ammo as is or do you clean it up a bit before shooting? If you clean it up, what method do you use?

thanks!

Re: Greasy ammo

Leave it alone. The lube is good. Just clean up the receiver and such when done shooting as it'll build up. The bore'll be fine. Clean the bore and shoot foulers if you switch brands.

Welcome to the world of match grade 22LR ammo - its not so bad in the cooler months but the hot summer months it feels rather greasy. Just wipe your hands off (especially your trigger finger) after handling.

I bought this stuff in hopes to run with you guys at your rimfire match on the 6th!

Looking forward to it!

IMG_0980.jpg

You'll do fine - thats the ammo of choice for most of us. Just carry a little hand towel to wipe off your hands