• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

great American Rifle Company customer service

wesc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2018
I just wanted to comment on excellent customer service I recently received from ARC.

I have a nucleus that was barreled prior to me owning it. I was removing the barrel to have another spun up and the degree of force required to torque the action off caused the action to move rapidly. Given the speed, my ratchet slipped allowing the action wrench to slip and gall one of the lug guide rails. The interference from the galling was enough to prevent the bolt from going into battery.

I called ARC and spoke with Justin and another guy (pretty sure it was Ted) and they reassured me that it was totally fixable.

I got it to them and less than six hours after they received it a shipping label was generated sending it back to me (it shipped the same day they received it).

In addition, they sent me a new action wrench as well as a 25lb spring (I run a trigger tech so I haven’t had issues with the original) in the event I needed it as well as another extractor (mine is an early action and the extractor was slightly oversized—still works fine, just has some love marks from the harder receiver).

I was truly impressed and felt the need to share in the event anyone was considering an ARC action.

I've never owned a custom action until I got in on the introductory order of the Archimedes. I also did the Xylo introductory order. I was a little annoyed about having to send the Archimedes back for the bolt shroud locking pin mod but was quite pleased how quickly that was handled. I also got a 035 cocking piece which made the fire control system the best I ever felt. I have since ordered a Mausingfield LA and can hardly wait to start that build. You may say I'm turning into an ARC fanboy.

Reactions: wesc
I had one of the Arch’s that really wasn’t bad prefix....post fix was more better and done in extremely quick fashion.

The Newest Version of the Mausingfield is slick.....but I HATE the new rail setup. Great for a heavy build with Hubble class glass.....not so much for a trim hunting build.

The Newest Version of the Mausingfield is slick.....but I HATE the new rail setup. Great for a heavy build with Hubble class glass.....not so much for a trim hunting build.
Long actions sold out but this may be what youre after?

Long actions sold out but this may be what youre after?

Have one ?

I wanted to provide an update to this action/rifle that speaks to something we routinely discuss.

On these forums we constantly talk about repeatability and PO shift. I was astonished that, after all of the above (disassembly, galled lug guide rails, fixed by ARC, reassembled by me) I got the gun back out to the range today for the first time and it had no POI shift from when I last fired it.

Zero. No adjustment to optics. Just reinstalled on the same portion of the rail as last time. Surprised and impressed.

Reactions: z7.jled