• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Great business opportunity

DaveV

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
_
If one of you crafty smiths would design and manufacture an AR30 buttstock adapter so we can fix the factory POS stock, you will sell one to EVERY person who has bought this rifle. PLEASE bail us out!!
smile.gif

Re: Great business opportunity

Armalite is supposedly considering the manufacture of an adapter that allows an AR15 stock to be attached to the AR30. Part of the problem lies in the fact that the bolt throw on .338LM requires it to slide over the cheek piece. This makes the cheek weld funky because it places the head way too low to get a good scope picture. I think it could be easily overcome if one put their mind to it. I contacted Armalite a while back and they said they have no solutions for their failed design. The AR30 is a great weapon, however, this issue is consistent throughout any discussion. I have seen it addressed in print in magazine reviews and have read many posts from guys who are looking for a fix.