• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great customer service at Protektor Rests and Bags

Sgtsideways

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Usa
Just a word about great customer service at Protektor. Long story short, usps really did a number on the shipping box with damage to contents. Three holes and a lot of tape sitting for five days 140 miles away. Dave at Protektor made it right. No filing a claim b.s., just good customer service that I thought should be mentioned here.

Wish I could say the same about usps, but that will never happen..........

IMG_1495a.jpg
Merry Christmas to Dave and crew.

Reactions: toader
They are awesome to deal with and very helpful!

Wow looks like USPS ran that through their weekly football game.😳

Reactions: Sgtsideways
They are awesome to deal with and very helpful!

Wow looks like USPS ran that through their weekly football game.😳
Having to file a claim would have been even more of an ordeal. A lot of companies would have put me thru that wringer. Thankfully, not the guys at Protektor.

Having to file a claim would have been even more of an ordeal. A lot of companies would have put me thru that wringer. Thankfully, not the guys at Protektor.
I ship USPS to customers every day. They would/should file the claim and receive reimbursement. The main thing they need from you is cooperation and photos.

Many companies decide that filing a claim just isn’t worth their time so they just replace the product. Sadly this increases USPS rate of “successful undamaged deliveries”. I see them on Twitter, all the time, patting themselves on the back with these statistics.

There has been a recent shift in the gun industry w/ certain vendors, trying to shift the burden of insurance onto the consumer. These vendors charge extra for insurance, and then some of them require you to file a claim with that third-party. This is disgusting and becoming more common place.

Brownells sold me their free 2nd day shipping “Edge membership” several years in a row. This past year mid contract they decided to shift from 2 day air to “maybe 2 day ground”with no notice. Then they decided shipping did not include insurance so they started charging me a fee for insurance every time I placed an order, again without notice and mid contract…… I did not renew and shop elsewhere.

Reactions: Sgtsideways