• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great freaking news. Rifle is finished.

scout1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2006
Apache County,Arizona
This past tuesday I got the call from Tracy at GAP, my full build is finished. George had givin me a build time of 6 to 8 months. Well the call came in at 6 months and 1 day after placing the order. WOW! Damn I can't wait. The 6 months went by quickly but the next week is going to take forever.

Rifle spec's:

Rem. 700 action
24 inch, .920 unfluted barrel, .308 win.
McM M-40A1 stock
Badger bottom metal, non detachable magazine
Standard bolt handle
Olive cerakote on all metal
GAP camo on stock

scout1

Re: Great freaking news. Rifle is finished.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats great new- congrats. You will love it i'm sure </div></div>

Thanks. It's not my first custom however it is my first GAP. Alot of sacrifice went into being able to afford one at this time.

In spite of the feelings that alot of you have towards Leupold scopes, I'm mounting a Mark 4, 6.5-20x50 with M1 turrets and a TMR ret.

George,(A10XRIFLE), if you see this post this is for you.

I was able to pick my rifle up yesterday and upon opening the box my reaction was WOW. Appearance wise its everything that I had hoped for. Thank you very much. Also thanks to Matt as he is the smith that did the build.

I mounted a Leupy 6.5-20x50 Mk4,M1 knobs with the TMR reticule. Working for the next few days so I'll have to wait before starting the break-in.

Thanks again for a job well done,

scout1

I don't think there is anything wrong with a Leupold. Yes there are better scopes butfor what the gun is probably intended for Leupolds are great scopes for the money, especially if you can find a used one on ebay or a forum. In my opinion their TMR reticles are one of the best for all around tactical/paper punching. Post some pics soon.

Sounds like a nice rig. Let us know how she shoots, and post some pics when you get a chance.