• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great price on a Zeiss 30x60 B mirror spotter

alpine44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2010
North Carolina
There is a ZEISS 30 X 60 B mirror telescope listed for $750 OBO on ebay. This is a great price for an optic that usually sells for around 1k these day. Back in the 80 this was over 3k new and it is worth every penny of it. This is a very compact mirror telescope with a minimum of refractive surfaces and the image quality is breathtaking. A friend of mine called it the "pocket hubble". If you like to travel light and fast in the Western mountains, this scope is hard if not impossible to beat in terms of performance vs weight, size, and price.

PS: I have no relation to the seller. I just enjoyed this scope tremendously while living in MT and sold it a few years ago after moving to NC. We have way too many trees here in the Smokies to make use of it. So, buy the darn thing before I change my mind.

PPS: The motor focus shown in the pictures is detachable and IMO somewhat of a gimmick since the scope is very easy to focus manually all the way down to counting feathers on a bird in the next tree.

Last edited: