• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Green Beret killed by street racer

Qazwsx

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
USA
A friend of mine, and of many hide users was killed this week on his way home from work by a street racer who crossed the center median. This didn’t feel right for the pit so I’m posting it here.

Jake Barnhardt was a Special Forces medic with 5th group and had an accomplished career as assaulter and sniper, killing a whole lot of ISIS fighters along the way. Not too many Soldiers are true killers in the best way, but Jake was one of them. Not a mantle most would credibly claim for themselves but Jake was deserving of that title.

Jake had moved on from active duty and was thriving as a husband and father, developing new technology to support the warfighter when he was taken by a negligent pos.

His family is going through a lot right now, and unfortunately the employer life insurance coverage doesn’t match the sgli he previously carried. Any donations to the link below will help defray the costs associated with his passing and help his family recover financially from this tragedy. I appreciate your consideration,

De Opresso Liber

Modest donation sent.

Prayers for a measure of consolation for those left behind. What a beautiful, young family that has to deal with the huge void.

Kids should grow up with their father.

Gods speed. Prayers for the family and friends.

Time to come home dear brother
Your tour of duty through
You’ve given as much as anyone
Could be expected to do

Just a few steps further
The smoke will start to clear
Others here will guide you
You have no need of fear

You have not failed your brothers
You clearly gave it all
And through your selfless actions
Others will hear the call

So take your place of honor
Among those who have gone before
And know you will be remembered
For now and evermore

-A Hero’s Welcome by Robert Longley

I’ll tell a small story. His teammates will have countless more.

First met Jake in sniper school in 2015. My partner and I were trying to sweep top shot in everything, thinking we were doing alright, getting close to having it on lock. Frankly eager to pick up a new skill and deploy it right after.

These 2nd bn dudes kept fighting us each step of the way, taking us to the cleaners here and there, trading top scores along the way. Naturally Jake’s team and my own started talking shit in the lmtv back and forth to the ranges. It’s easy to recognize people who want to win just to win, but Jake and his partner wanted to master the craft. We battled the whole way through and became friends on the way. I’m glad we ended up in that class for a number of reasons, but this was one more.

Jake and his partner were shooters

Last edited:
Done, my condolences for yours and his families loss.

I don't know his circumstances but dependent on his disability rating there might be some benefits available for his family.

I would contact the Veterans Service Officer to see what the VA might be able to assist with if anything. It is worth a shot.

Just trying to help.

Prayers for peace/comfort for those left behind, blessings on his family.

Sent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 338dude
Done.

d4db5451-a1f7-4316-bbd7-80092f2043fc-jumbo16x9_jake6.JPG

I'm very sorry for the loss. Thanks for taking out the people that want to take us out.

Donations sent to both funds. Keep the fire burning.

Reactions: 338dude