• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing green in white?

thatguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
New Jersey
ok, im not sure if this is the right forum, but i just hit my bushmaster with some winter camo(wrapped in string and mesh bag with white.). i was wondering if anyone would see a point in adding green or brown to winter/arctic camo. any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. also, i dont know if anyone has posted a topic about this, i didnt know what i would search for to get my answer.

thanks

Re: green in white?

Absolutely. There is this season called "Spring". During "Spring" you have white for the snow, brown or a shade of gray for the trees, and depending on your location, you may have green for pine needles and such.

So I wouldn't go overboard but I think an 80/20/20 is not unrealistic.

outstanding, thank you very much. if i do use it for deer i will be hunting in upstate NY. its a .450 bushmaster, plenty of knockdown at 200m. i usually use my muzzle loader(i know, its almost treason to say that in here) for deer.

again, thank you

I'm from Upstate Finger Lakes, and my approach to Winter Camo is to go to Wallyworld and purchase a pair of childrens' white heavyweight/stretch leggings/pantyhose, cut the legs free and remove the feet, then stretch the resulting tubes over the buttstock and forend. If it won't stay in place, secure it with some rubber bands. Come spring, reconversion is a snap, literally.

Greg

well, thats the thing, i dont need to re-convert it, its mainly a range queen. i do want to use it for deer, eventually, but i have a cva wolf for that. and its no good for varmint, its a .450 bushy. so if i do use it for deer, it will be one of those days where i say to myself "i dont feel like reloading", so ill load up 3 or 4 mags and hit the woods. and i like painting my rifles anyway. they all(ALL) have at least 2 or 3 coats of krylon camo on them. its fun. oh, and if i do need to change the camo out, i can just hit it with different colors.

i just went ahead and did it. added a touch of green and brown to it. i figured if i didnt like it, i could just paint over it again. wouldnt be the first time or the first gun i did that with. i think it looks great, i cant upload pics, i dont have a digital camera and i dont have a conversion thing for my blackberry either. but i can tell you one thing, i think it looks real nice.