• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Green Meanie L96A1

ZG47A

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Wellington New Zealand
Forgotten Weapons latest video is a review of Steve Houghton’s new book, concentrating on the L96A1 rifle. What I saw in the video looks just as good as the earlier book. I have already sent an email to Steve and am waiting for the invoice to turn up in my inbox.

You will like Steve Houghton's book. I got my copy in 2019 and its the authoritative source on British Sniper rifles from the get-go.
Pretty much everything you wanted to learn about the Green Meanie's is also that book... Here's 2 excerpts while you wait for the book:
AI_L96_component_parts_page220.jpg

...BTW, prior to its formal adoption in March 1985 by the Army, the British Forces had already more-or-less adopted it, as I guess they had separate budget authority to buy them in 1984/85...(The rifle deliveries for the regular army started in 1986). Anyhow, the book is excellent.

AI_PM_British_SAS_pg187.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• 87120B1A-94C4-438A-B2F7-25DAB3C675BF.jpeg
    87120B1A-94C4-438A-B2F7-25DAB3C675BF.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 84
Okay, didn't realize that he has a new book just on the Green Meanie....I guess I need to add that to the collection as well.

Reactions: crackerbrown