• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Green Mountain Barrel CenterFire Experiences?

buffybuster

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2007
Ventura Cty, CA
Wondering if anyone has used Green Mountain Barrels for their Centerfire builds.

I'm thinking of a couple builds for the Kids, so I want a decent barrel (better than OEM) but still pinch some pennies. Not looking for top-tier accuracy but sub-moa on a budget.

What are your experiences?

Thanks

Re: Green Mountain Barrel CenterFire Experiences?

I only have experience with their muzzleloader barrels, which they've made a long time. Never saw one that wasn't a tackdriver.

I shoot with a guy that bought a couple of their clarance barrels in the "internet specials" section last year and it worked out great. He put one on an AR15 and said it shoots sub MOA with no trouble.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 671RTO9513</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only have experience with their muzzleloader barrels, which they've made a long time. Never saw one that wasn't a tackdriver. </div></div>
Same here.

I have used there lever action barrels with great success but was not even aware they made center fire rifle barrels. Also have used there 22 barrels and they have been tack drivers. Interested in hearing how they work out for you.