• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Green Redfield accu range value? (pictures added)

xarmor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2008
Austin, Tx
Found a green anodized Redfield acurange for sale, anybody got a feel for what these are currently selling for. Reticle is good, scope is serialized to a rifle, anodiztion on the tube has turned goldish color. Overall looks to be in very good used condition. What would be a reasonable price?

Re: Green Redfield value?

Someone was selling one in the classifieds for $500. SWFA sells them for $750 or so with the mounts.

If you look around the net you can find them for about $500.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Someone was selling one in the classifieds for $500. SWFA sells them for $750 or so with the mounts.

If you look around the net you can find them for about $500. </div></div>

I think you're confusing the green redfield for the green leupold. Slight difference in price as the green redfield's usually bring upwards of $3,000.

The real deal original USMC issue Redfield Accurange is very rare, and one was posted in the for sale section here on the forum about a year ago with an asking price north of $5K. I have also seen some original period correct but non USMC issue scopes sell at rather absurdly high prices over at ebay, like $1200 for an Accurange that was in nice shape but not a .mil piece by any means. Be careful and make sure you have done your research before putting any considerable amount of money out for these things, some have been taken by fakes over the years.

Here are a couple of pictures of the scope. The guy selling it wants $3K which is out of my economically subdued range right now. The seller is in Missouri and I only know of him through an affiliation with another friend in that area. I already have a Green scope so its hard to justify the cost of a S&B scope.

03-29-09_1207-1.jpg
03-29-09_1206.jpg