• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Green Zone

jwaj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
CA
Don't waste your time with this one. Basically, it's a continuation of Bush lied and people died crap. Probably written pre-election.

As much as I wanted to ignore the Hollywood slant of the movie and enjoy the action, I couldn't. Kind of hard when they make SF Guys look like a bunch of thugs and the Bathist's are patriots. The only good scene was Matt Damon getting punched in the face! Waste of $7.50 and 2hrs of my life.

Re: Green Zone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't waste your time with this one. Basically, it's a continuation of Bush lied and people died crap. Probably written pre-election.

As much as I wanted to ignore the Hollywood slant of the movie and enjoy the action, I couldn't. Kind of hard when they make SF Guys look like a bunch of thugs and <span style="font-weight: bold">the Bathist's are patriots.</span> The only good scene was Matt Damon getting punched in the face! Waste of $7.50 and 2hrs of my life.</div></div>

Define patriot... cus someone who lays down and takes an invading force or welcomes them isn't a patriot in my book. I'm not saying I condone Baathist policy or anything...just kinda wondering your logic on this.

what's that old saying? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter or something...

I love the line in Lord of War- "The one's that called themselves the freedom fighters were the most fucked up of them all."

This movie just looked to much like another Bourne movie, pretty sure some of the quotes in the trailer have been used in Bourne trailers as well.

Lets see what I can get from the trailer in comparison to The Bourne series:

Corrupt CIA: Check
Matt Damon on the run from some malevolent force: Check
Gun Fighting and one man wars against the gov: Check
Witty worried banter: Check
Serious "FIND HIM" scene: Check
Matt Damon thinking he can act his way out of a paper bag: Check

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnPWJOJYVKc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnPWJOJYVKc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I liked him in the Departed and the Bourne trilogy for that matter, just....let it die will ya?

CavScout...Tell you what. Go see the movie. You can use whatever definitions you want for whichever characters. Patriot probably wasnt the most accurate word, how about the not so bad guys that had a pre arranged deal with the corrupt DoD guy that would be returned to power for some business as usual, wink, wink. I used patriot as good guy.

Apache, Good call on the Bourne series and Departed. I liked those as well.

Just for clarification. I could care less about Damons politics. Just about every actor/actress is way off the grid from common sense. It was simply I didn't like his character or the plot and he got his ass kicked. See no deep thoughts or other motives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CavScout...Tell you what. Go see the movie. You can use whatever definitions you want for whichever characters. Patriot probably wasnt the most accurate word, how about the not so bad guys that had a pre arranged deal with the corrupt DoD guy that would be returned to power for some business as usual, wink, wink. I used patriot as good guy.

</div></div>

Sounds like politics
laugh.gif

Thanks for clearing it up. I don't think it will dissuade me from seeing it but thanks either way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks for clearing it up. I don't think it will dissuade me from seeing it but thanks either way.</div></div>

How about some of the reviews for it? I have yet to find any that were even close to balancing out favorably.

I believe the movie is loosely based on the book "Imperial Life in the Emerald City." The book talked about the surreal environment in the Green Zone when absolute chaos existed outside of it.

I liked the Bourne movies so I'm going to check this one out too if I can find time this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the movie is loosely based on the book "Imperial Life in the Emerald City." The book talked about the surreal environment in the Green Zone when absolute chaos existed outside of it.
</div></div>

From what I've read, "loosely based" is a fairly generous use of the term at best.

As in, both are set in the same general geographic area... and that's about it, huh? Like I said, entertainment is entertainment. Get out the coke and popcorn.

Just saw it. I was not impressed at all. The ways they portray American soldiers and their actions is far fetched and unreal. Waste of money.

We just saw it tonight and my immediate thoughts were:

* Not anywhere near as good as the Bourne series, which I love and can watch over and over. Still, good as straight entertainment.

* Once again, people will remember history through Hollywood's eyes, largely shaped by liberal politics. These movies should have disclaimers that they are either fictional or based on someone's personal views and are not factual.

But I love Matt Damon as an actor and will continue to watch him.

I am sitting out on this one. I have now read too much so I don't plan on sending my money to "crazywood" for this movie. I have heard Matt Damon speak enough times to know what he is but when that creeps into the movie so blatantly I will stay home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back from seeing it... Did anyone else catch Rachel Ray as that female LT?

</div></div>

Missed that. Was it the briefing scene where Damons character jams up the General about WMD intel?

On Sunday morning TV show they talked about the actors in the movie. From the way it sounds all of the Soldiers except for Damon are the real deal. The Director wanted to get it as close as possible to the real thing.

One of the Soldiers said this is not an Anti War movie but it does/did express their feelings about being over there.

I'm going to see it as intertainment. If I wanted real life drama crap I will go back to work.

Trashooter12, I'm the same way. If I wanted real life drama I'd go back to work. I just wanted to veg out and enjoy the story. I didn't take it as an anti-war movie per say. Kind of a we were duped into war story. Again, I just wanted to relax and enjoy my $4.50 junior bag of popcorn.

Bring some duct tape just in case you feel your head starting to explode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back from seeing it... Did anyone else catch Rachel Ray as that female LT?

</div></div>

Missed that. Was it the briefing scene where Damons character jams up the General about WMD intel?</div></div>

I didnt see it, nor was Rachel Ray in it (to my knowledge). I just wanted to see if anyone would take the bait.

Well went and saw it last night and i thought it was better than HURT LOCKER. Don't take either for factual or accurate movies but at least it makes you think why did we do Iraq, WMD's ??????? Or just to make daddy proud?

Ok we all know Hollywood leans hard to the left and is making billions immorally .I saw the movie enjoyed the action.Now did we have good Intel going into Iraq ?Wasn't it confirmed the main guy at the CIA back then screwed up by Providing or acting on faulty Intel?Did the higher ups no it was bad Intel ? Who does know ?So we all disagree on what got us there. But were there now and we gotta prevail.Remember what George C Scott portraying Gen Patton said in opening line of that movie. Some thing like "We want to make that other poor dumb bastard die for his country" For me our presence in Iraq is just that ! Plus were also creating a huge international diversion in fighting the bad guy on his soil not ours.... Who hasn't lied before ?There are endless lies on both sides of the isle.I don't know if Bush lied But Gore and Kerry make me vomit I think if either of those guys got into office we might be experiencing car bombings over here.We live in an ugly world.

The wife and kids went to see it. Big thumbs down from all. There wasn't enough action for the kids and my wife wasn't impressed.

it was entertaining. i'd say it was good, not great. the anti bush sentiment was ripe. the hack on the intelligence prerequisite to war was thick too of course. for the average dolt, this would be a fine film. if you're into more clarity and realistic stuff it might be better to wait for hbo...

i was honestly hoping for a bit more. quite a bit more. i mean, this site, my customers, etc. are all full of real life work in these scenarios. so to understand that and then go see a film the reflects what i'm to understand as real may be a tough thing to duplicate. however, i'm the kind of guy who can forgive a movie for being a movie, UNTIL you throw in your bullshit agenda and thus you manage to bend the tiny minds of the uninformed content with plugging their umbilicals into cnn for the daily download of thought.

i liked action movies, when they were action movies. not action movies designed to manipulate... to be frank, i dug the bourne series. still do.

this sure as hell isn't one of those types of movies.

Mike, myself, and some of the fellas just saw this. Most military movies are entertaining with a couple liberal digs that you learn to put up with but this one was far from subtle.
I feel like I just watched the best funded and most professionally produced Al-Qaida recruiting video ever made. Sad part is, this will be shown all over world.

Not to mention Matt Damon seems to be a soldier with no supervisor or accountability who spontaneously decides to roam free as a spy. Almost all of the bad guys in this one are portrayed as Americans.

Buyer beware...

Mason @ CST

FYI, We have the Authentic Iraqi Most Wanted Playing Cards:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1697151&#Post1697151

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok we all know Hollywood leans hard to the left and is making billions immorally .I saw the movie enjoyed the action.Now did we have good Intel going into Iraq ?Wasn't it confirmed the main guy at the CIA back then screwed up by Providing or acting on faulty Intel?Did the higher ups no it was bad Intel ? Who does know ?So we all disagree on what got us there. But were there now and we gotta prevail.Remember what George C Scott portraying Gen Patton said in opening line of that movie. Some thing like "We want to make that other poor dumb bastard die for his country" For me our presence in Iraq is just that ! Plus were also creating a huge international diversion in fighting the bad guy on his soil not ours.... Who hasn't lied before ?There are endless lies on both sides of the isle.I don't know if Bush lied But Gore and Kerry make me vomit I think if either of those guys got into office we might be experiencing car bombings over here.We live in an ugly world. </div></div>
The answer to one of your questions is that there is no "Main Guy" in the intelligence community that got it wrong. It was a number people in the IC that got it wrong because they forgot some of their basic tradecraft. To my knowledge, no one lied, but they persisted in their interpretation despite the opinions of those with more expertise. Intelligence is a game of probability, not often one of certainty. The President didn't lie, but he chose to believe those who were wrong but had a bigger sway in the IC. Politicians are not intelligence experts and they don't understand intelligence assessments. Even the House Panel on Intelligence failed to ask basic questions about uncertainties and differences of opinion - as did all the Senators who had access to the information and received IC briefings on Iraq and could have challenged the prevailing views.

They say the first casualty of war is the truth.

Well, the truth just got killed again in GreenZone.

Just saw it... and I never do this but I came outta the theatre saying as loud as I dared "Nice way to only tell half the story - pure bullshit. "

If you hate Bush and beleive America is an immoral coutry that is the cause of the worlds problems, you'll love this movie.

Here's the truth about WMD in Iraq -

Saddam said he had them all along, right up to the invasion. (Regardless of the truth, its a GOOD IDEA in war to believe your enemies threats.)

CLintoon and numerous Democrats in the late 90's said he had them. AT least every time CLinton had sorties in Iraq launched so that he could look Presidential.

A half dozen nations around the world said he had them. Right up to the invasion.

SADDAM HAD USED THEM ON HIS OWN PEOPLE in the 90's..

They actually DID find a few arty shells laced with saran (sp?) gas. That's the fact. Look it up. Nothing like the # claimed, but the fact is they WERE in Saddam's arsenal.

They found mobile labs, and centerfuges, all necessary for manufacture of WMD.

EVERY WAR experiences bad intel. Every single one. (Newsflash - its the whole job of the enemy to make fiding their munitions difficult.

The ONLY guy in the Bush adminsitration who said Saddam had them - but DID NOT get reamed a third eyehole for it - is Colin Powell. Who voted for Obama. Coincidence? I don't think so.

ALL of this is documented, verified and not in dispute.

NONE OF THIS was reported in Greenzone.

The movie should be regarded as a science fiction movie that is placed inside a real time event.

i thought it was a good movie,could have been better but not to bad

I thought it was an alright movie but the evil America BS blew. We saved millions from a terrorist supporting, citizen killing regime and Hollyweird still sends subliminal and sometimes downright treasonous messages.

For instance Hollywood action stars taking an antigun stance on everything when shoot em ups is what made them. Danny Glover in Lethal Action 4 especially comes to mind. Anti NRA stickers in the squad room plus little comments. Hypocrites of unbelievable proportion. They would do well in public office especially DC.

I watched this movie and can't believe that Matt Damon could wear a soldier's uniform and condemn the CIA and Bush administration for "bad intel." I think he has bad intel each time he makes a political comment.

I thought it was a really good movie. Definitely recommended.

I probably will not see this one, from reviews it appears my suspicions were correct. I refuse to spend money willingly with entities that put this shit out there, good theater or not.

It's amazing how Hollywood twists this shit again and again. First, on Sept. 11, 2001 we get attacked. Four aircraft hijacked and three of which are flown into prominent buildings. Two world trade center towers and the Pentagon.

The first thing Hollywood does is promote Michael Moorers account that our pamby snipers didn't have their fingers on their pillow-gun triggers and nicely tell these people to go away. I even got the feeling that he blames us for all the world wrongs.
Next was the movie version of Blackhawk Down. Based on the series of articles written by Mark Bowden, who pretty much tried to give an account of and timeline of what happened. While the news at the time called the operation a total fiasco, it still managed to accomplish it's objective. Against odds of which I hope to never see in battle. I thought Bowdens written account was better because it stated what happened when. Not how everybody was victimized and thus some moral wrong was done that we need to look at ourselves for.
It seems it's been one movie after another that Hollywood awards or grants status to that shows we are somehow wrong. Our lives are just too good and we need live like the desert heathens so we'll be better people. Everybody except Hollywood of course.

Same thing with "Body of Lies". Leonardo DiCaprio is about as anti as they get. Yet he's all about Howard Hughes who was the biggest war profiteer ever. I don't get that?

Glad to hear it's an 'anti' movie so I won't spend the money on it.

When these Hollywood idiots want money they make movies w/ guns. George Clooney comes to mind, w/o guns: movies bomb, w/ guns hit or miss. F them all I do not support these AH's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the truth about WMD in Iraq -

Saddam said he had them all along, right up to the invasion. (Regardless of the truth, its a GOOD IDEA in war to believe your enemies threats.)

CLintoon and numerous Democrats in the late 90's said he had them. AT least every time CLinton had sorties in Iraq launched so that he could look Presidential.

A half dozen nations around the world said he had them. Right up to the invasion.

SADDAM HAD USED THEM ON HIS OWN PEOPLE in the 90's..

They actually DID find a few arty shells laced with saran (sp?) gas. That's the fact. Look it up. Nothing like the # claimed, but the fact is they WERE in Saddam's arsenal.

They found mobile labs, and centerfuges, all necessary for manufacture of WMD.

EVERY WAR experiences bad intel. Every single one. (Newsflash - its the whole job of the enemy to make fiding their munitions difficult.

The ONLY guy in the Bush adminsitration who said Saddam had them - but DID NOT get reamed a third eyehole for it - is Colin Powell. Who voted for Obama. Coincidence? I don't think so.

ALL of this is documented, verified and not in dispute.

NONE OF THIS was reported in Greenzone.

The movie should be regarded as a science fiction movie that is placed inside a real time event. </div></div>

I think one of the funniest things you hear these days is how there was no WMDs in Iraq, I have a close friend who Did observation of the “Syrian Highway” while hundreds of trucks carried weapons over the border. One of the trucks crashed and when they took pictures of the carryon it had missiles over twenty feet long all stamped “French 2000” So my question is if the van parked in time square was considered a weapon of mass destruction by the Obama administration than why is tanks, missiles, fighter jets, roadside bombs, and chemical warfare not considered weapons of mass destruction? With the thousands of Soldiers who have died in Iraq can we honestly say there hasn’t been mass destruction?

Did anybody else notice all the airsoft guns in the first scene? The guy holding the M16/203 had a USMC emblem stamped on the side of the magwell. Not to mention the "Sniper" had a huge piece of duct tape over the foward bottom part of the stock, which is where the mags for airsoft sniper rifles go(I've seen a couple airsoft guns up cllose sadly)

Just making an observation, but that was pretty cheesy(well, it is hollywood, i really dont know why i had such high expectations). i think that this movie was wayyy too slanted for me to enjoy. good thing i didnt pay to see it.

The basic political premise was interesting and persuasive, but in truth, in the end, I had real trouble believing it. Others might be predisposed to a lesser degree of disbelief, and that's troubling. It's also far from unique.

On a completely different level, as fictional entertainment, I completely enjoyed it. Entertaining on the same completely fictional level as <span style="font-style: italic">Sniper</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Tears of the Sun</span>.

I buy/go to the movies to be entertained, and not to be indoctrinated. I can apparently manage to separate the two concepts and enjoy the entertainement for its own sake. Those who can't have my sympathy.

Greg

It was entertaining, the plot, the fiction, the toys. Did anybody go see it to see what "actually" happened?

We watched the movie last weekend, and I enjoyed it.
As others have said, it was entertaining. Well written and plenty of tense drama.

Good enough.

As for the truthiness of the premise of the plot? Well, we'd have to suspend Rule #6 for me to go there.

Suspension of Disbelief. Just ignore the basis for the story and enjoy the flick. Personally, I have seen worse come out of Hollyweird in the last few years. American Pie Book of Love comes to mind

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sitting out on this one. I have now read too much so I don't plan on sending my money to "crazywood" for this movie. I have heard Matt Damon speak enough times to know what he is but when that creeps into the movie so blatantly I will stay home. </div></div>

AMEN... crazywood is right on the $$$ i will gladly boycott actors/actresses who i see carrying bags with the communist "red star" embroided on them, along with the anti U.S. message they indoctrinate into young skulls full of mush.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I buy/go to the movies to be entertained, and not to be indoctrinated. I can apparently manage to separate the two concepts and enjoy the entertainement for its own sake. Those who can't have my sympathy.
Greg </div></div>

I can separate the concepts as well, and immensely enjoy spending my X-tra 10$ on reloading supplies or a nice fat pound of read meat, but thats just me.

I just watched this Movie and thought it was intertaining. I didn't see anything mentioned about it being a Historical Documentary. It's just a Movie, and besides I made my opinion about the WMDs not long after the War started.