• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Greeny311 SCAMMER

AlphaThree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/members/greeny311.186716/

Greeny311 answered an ad from a WTB. I thought it was legit until he he told me he is was 100% trustworthy the. The gig was up. Says he’s in Louisiana with a California #.

Here was his PM response to my WTB:

Hello buddy, I have a Leupold Mark6 3-18 T3 rectile laying around collecting dust, Text me here is best 408 214 9128 , I get lot of spam calls and leave phone in the truck but check text . Thanks

Then our text convo:

Hello AlphaThree, Thanks for reaching out to me, I'm looking to sell my Leupold Mark 6 3-18 FF M5C2 with Tremor 3 reticle. Comes with mark 6 throw lever, the original box and all the goodies.

I do love this scope, but I just don’t use it, and I’d like to get it into someone’s hands who will do more with it than store it to look at it every now and again. It is indeed a great tool to be used as well. Like new still. Everything works flawlessly.I'm asking $1500 shipped, I'm located in Louisiana, Kindly let me know if you're interested in it. Thanks

I ask him to send a photo with my username and time and date and he does. Apparently a good photoshop. And the he follows up with this:

I can understand you better , I am 100% trustworthy, Intergrity is everything to me, I have attached a pic of the scope with both names written on paper . I will be expecting to hear back from you soon. Thanks

Beware!

Posts reads exactly like an individual over on another Forum that's wanting to sell me an extremely hard to find scope. California phone number, but says he's in Louisiana. Says his name is Ryan Whittington.

Reactions: Milf Dots
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/members/greeny311.186716/

Greeny311 answered an ad from a WTB. I thought it was legit until he he told me he is was 100% trustworthy the. The gig was up. Says he’s in Louisiana with a California #.

Here was his PM response to my WTB:

Hello buddy, I have a Leupold Mark6 3-18 T3 rectile laying around collecting dust, Text me here is best 408 214 9128 , I get lot of spam calls and leave phone in the truck but check text . Thanks

Then our text convo:

Hello AlphaThree, Thanks for reaching out to me, I'm looking to sell my Leupold Mark 6 3-18 FF M5C2 with Tremor 3 reticle. Comes with mark 6 throw lever, the original box and all the goodies.

I do love this scope, but I just don’t use it, and I’d like to get it into someone’s hands who will do more with it than store it to look at it every now and again. It is indeed a great tool to be used as well. Like new still. Everything works flawlessly.I'm asking $1500 shipped, I'm located in Louisiana, Kindly let me know if you're interested in it. Thanks

I ask him to send a photo with my username and time and date and he does. Apparently a good photoshop. And the he follows up with this:

I can understand you better , I am 100% trustworthy, Intergrity is everything to me, I have attached a pic of the scope with both names written on paper . I will be expecting to hear back from you soon. Thanks

Beware!

It's even better when they tell you they are a man of God and wouldn't think of committing such an atrocity.

I EAS'd from Camp Pendleton in 2006 now currently live in Phoenix with the same phone number I've had since 2003. Just because you live in a state with an out of state number doesn't mean you're a scammer. Since his profile name is "Greeny311" with a California number, there is always a possibility they were a 0311 MOS green is Marine which was stationed in CA and he might have some shit spelling. Any proof of an actual scam or you just assuming?

I EAS'd from Camp Pendleton in 2006 now currently live in Phoenix with the same phone number I've had since 2003. Just because you live in a state with an out of state number doesn't mean you're a scammer. Since his profile name is "Greeny311" with a California number, there is always a possibility they were a 0311 MOS green is Marine which was stationed in CA and he might have some shit spelling. Any proof of an actual scam or you just assuming?
ehh, gut tells me hard pass. OP did the right thing.

Reactions: Bgriff008
In my case, the individual was sending photo's from someone else's classified ad from a couple months back... after pointing it out and requesting new pictures taken in a certain manner and with certain verifying information, he vanished like a fart in the wind. Obviously I could be mistaken, but leads me to suspect said individual was attempting to perpetrate a fraud. YMMV

Well since I didn’t give him the opportunity to scam me I guess I am making an assumption.

If you don’t think the way he talks reeks of Nigerian Prince, You buy the scope from him and if it’s legit I will buy it from you for $100 more than what you paid. And cover your shipping to me.

Well since I didn’t give him the opportunity to scam me I guess I am making an assumption.

If you don’t think the way he talks reeks of Nigerian Prince, You buy the scope from him and if it’s legit I will buy it from you for $100 more than what you paid. And cover your shipping to me.
Sounds good. I can add it to pile of scopes I already have laying around that I don't use.

In Texas here, I could introduce you to thirty people with out of state phone numbers, a man who says kindly like it’s 1930 and an honest Nigerian.

Someone who used to be on here who sold a lot of NV stuff used the word 'buddy' a lot, seemed off and odd to me. Wish I had paid closer attention to that. I'd have more in my wallet or maybe something to show for it. I've never had good experiences with people who have routinely used the word 'buddy.' Anecdotal but if it feels off, it probably is.

Someone who used to be on here who sold a lot of NV stuff used the word 'buddy' a lot, seemed off and odd to me. Wish I had paid closer attention to that. I'd have more in my wallet or maybe something to show for it. I've never had good experiences with people who have routinely used the word 'buddy.' Anecdotal but if it feels off, it probably is.
Perhaps you’re thinking of Eliatus (or some shit like that)? Also, agree with your take on the use of “buddy”. Everytime someone says it to me I have the urge to cut the fucker’s head off.

Was looking for a GSD for Christmas for my son, scammer tried to get me for a
pup The other week. Lessons learned here dealing with shitholes kept me from loosing any money, but got to find another pup now. Always bring this stuff up and help the other guys recognize the signs. I get in a rushsometimes, and got deals going so often, I’m surprised I haven’t got burned more often when buying.
only had one try to scam me when I was selling on here, but WTB adds
seems to attract 10x the scammers.