• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings from Austria

mendel

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
Austria
Hi folks, I came here after searching for tripod shooting technique and tangent theta scopes and registered after lurking around for a while.

Austria based (Location for avid marksmen: west of the Swarovski factory just one hour away form Kahles, ZCO and Glock) seeking development aid in regard to marksmanship because the lack of commercial long range facilities in Austria.

Avid and keen small game Hunter (to be honest more comparable to game keeping in the UK (sometimes run pencott camo and tweed afterwards on the same day)).
Want to gain more confidence in rifle shooting under demanding circumstances (especially shooting in alpine environment like high altitude and steep angles in the Austrian alps). Not really into competitions (yet) but keep an open eye for .22lr PRS Matches in central Europe.

Interests besides shooting
  • Brass player
  • Avid reader
  • Reloading (currently run a 6,5x47 Lapua)
  • History
  • Biathlon fan
  • Slight Sauer an Son hunting rifles fanatic

I will try to catch up to the valuable wisdom provided at this side and work my way up to the “Sniper’s Hide Stupid Marksmanship Questions” section to one day become a valuable member of this community.

Servus, mendel

welcome from delaware , sorry to hear you don't have a lot of places in Austria to shoot long range after watching mark and sam shooting online I had hoped you did have a lot of land to shoot from . Do you have anything like blm ( bureau of land management land or anything like it there . a desert like place with nothing and no one around for miles and miles ?

Reactions: mendel
welcome from delaware , sorry to hear you don't have a lot of places in Austria to shoot long range after watching mark and sam shooting online I had hoped you did have a lot of land to shoot from . Do you have anything like blm ( bureau of land management land or anything like it there . a desert like place with nothing and no one around for miles and miles ?

he’s said Austria not Australia hahahahha. Hint glock Khales zco etc hahah

he’s said Austria not Australia hahahahha. Hint glock Khales zco etc hahah
Common misconception - we are used to it. Australia is a Wonderful Country there is far worse to be mistaken/assosiated with..

welcome from delaware
Thanks for the greetings!
To be honest - the only thing I know About Delaware so far is it's role as tax shelter wihin the US ;)

Reactions: acudaowner