• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings from Belgium

MR308W

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2019
Hi all,

I'm new over here and also pretty new into shooting (About 6 months now).
My first guns are almost in sight (Ruger Hunter Mark IV, Sig Sauer P226 MK25, Ruger AR556 MPR and a Tikka T1x).

I'm looking really forward to get into LRS/PRS. Due the fact it's not so easy over here in Belgium to get beyond 100m range and the 300m has a long waiting list i opted for the Tikka T1x in .22 to start out learn to control the basics. Later on i will upgrade as my skills evolve and my knowledge grows.

I hope that i can learn over here and at my 42 still can learn to shoot decent groups :D

Greetings

Welcome aboard MR308W,

The members here are great. Large knowledge base and people willing to help with any questions.

All the best mate.

Love Belgium, visit Antwerp often for business!

Welcome!

Another welcome from eastern Washington! lots of gun nuts here! how are your gun laws ? Do you have waiting periods to purchase guns? I see you are allowed ar style rifles.are you allowed to carry concealed pistols? are you allowed to keep your guns at home or do they have to be secured at a shooting facility just wondering.

Another welcome from eastern Washington! lots of gun nuts here! how are your gun laws ? Do you have waiting periods to purchase guns? I see you are allowed ar style rifles.are you allowed to carry concealed pistols? are you allowed to keep your guns at home or do they have to be secured at a shooting facility just wondering.

Iḿ gonne try to explain the best as i can, becease iḿ pretty new in the whole thing.

There are 2 possibillity's

First is we can get member at a shooting club and sign in dependable of the club with 1 of the 2 different federations allowed to give permits. Than you ask for a temporary sportshootinglicense in the category's you want.A=Revolver B=Pistol C=Rifles with drawn barrels D= Rifles with smooth barrels E=Black powder guns. From than on you can practice with guns from someone you know or from the club if they have some in the category's you own under supervision and learn everything you need to know (Range security, malfunctions etc...)

For the full sportshootinglicense you need to pass a theoretical test and practical tests in the category's you want to own and you need to get the license in one year but not sooner than 6 months of membership in the club , you also need a minimum of 12 registered shooting sessions in two trimester

Once you have your full license you can buy sports specific guns
Pistol in .22, bolt-guns in every caliber and one shot smooth barreled guns and hunting smooth barreled guns

These you can get with a paper called model 9 and is on your sportshootinglicense

To obtain the license you need a minimum of 12 registered shooting sessions spread over two semesters.
You need to extend it by yourself every year otherwise you loose it and need to start over

Second you can ask to the province for a model 4 for every type of guns you also need to do this for all the guns that are not allowed in the license. you can ask a permit to own them, it takes about 4 months the first time in my province where they do a full background check etc...
they also need to know what gun you gonne buy and serialnr. etc... It costs around 108 euro every time you ask for a permit. Full Auto firing guns are not allowed i think (maybe for special reasons but not sure on this one because i'm not interested in them). Once you get your permit you can get the gun from the shop.
Every 5 years you need to extend it and pay for that

If you ask a model 4 you can also do the theoretical and practical test with a police officer instead of the federation and than go shooting in a club.

Concealed carrying is only possible to get licensed for people with high risk danger jobs.

You can keep the guns at home but it depends on how many guns you got how you need to store them. Ammo and guns need to be seperated or in a seperated locked box . Till 10 it's pretty doable.

Silencers, night vision scopes, laser pointers etc... are illegal over here

I bought these 4 now .22 pistol to train beceause it's cheap ammo, 9mm Sig Sauer P26 MK25 beceause it was my dreamgun since my 19 years old and it felt so good in my hands, AR15 i wanted one because i liked them also and i need to asked a model 4 for my sig so asked them both immediately together. The .22 Tikka beceause my love is in bolt-guns and long range, it's cheap to start out and learn on it before evolving to more expensive calibers Also it's hard to get in the place where you can shoot over 100m so it's a good starter.
And all of these are a huge investment for me over here and once i can get inside a club where it's possible to shoot 300m or more i will buy me a bigger caliber centerfire bolt-gun. Till than i can still read and learn alot so i can make a better decision what will fit me more.

So short said Belgium is not the states what concern guns

Last edited:
Wow That's a lot crap to go through ! Are laws are changing and what we go through is nothing compared to what you have to go through.
If it ever gets like that here in great old America I will give up the shooting sports.Ill never give up the god given ability to carry conceiled and protect myself and property.
Thanks for the info shoot straight and shoot often!
Rick

welcome from germany "neighbor"...
i know some bel army snipers, they've told me about a range near brussels. i'll ask them again where that range is at... but check out "Cold Bore Range" in denmark. awsome place. 0 - 2000 m shooting
greetz
Mike