• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings from California

Cottontail

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
I’ve been reading the site for a while now and decided to sign up. This place is an amazing resource.

I got my introduction to marksmanship in the Army, but I could count on one hand the number of times I’ve been to the range in the last ten years (kids, career, marriage, etc). I’ve got a few surplus bolt actions, because that’s what I was in to back when I had money and time, but now I’d like to get a more modern set-up, so I’ve started with a 6.5cm barreled action and now working on funds for a stock and scope.

My goal is to become proficient in shooting out to 1000 yds from the prone, positional shooting at shorter ranges, using a sling and eventually a tripod, doing a match someday, and being to able to pass these skills down to my kids.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks!

That looks like a great group, thanks for posting the link. I’m in Los Angeles, but will hopefully be moving to Sacramento this summer. If so, I’d love to shoot with you guys sometime, if that’s ok.