• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings From New Member

LawTalker

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2023
Ohio
Hello,

I have been lurking and reading and decided to get active.

I am in Ohio, I am a licensed attorney, licensed in Ohio, among other places.

I have been to a lot of precision rifles courses, mainly at Badlands, TDI, and a few other places, and have just begun to do some consistent training at Thunder Valley Precision. I have been having a great time at distances from 800 to 1200 yards and have learned a lot about my equipment and been making some changes here and there.

Of course I have my Appleseed rifleman patch because Appleseed is just plain ole fun and there is a certain joy to clearing redcoats and making the rifleman scores on the AQTs.

I suppose my favorite rifle, and the rifle I happen to shoot the best with, is my LWRC REPR-20 Mk I in 7.62mm, which in most instances I shoot about 1/2 MOA with, and in a handful of rare amazing circumstances I have shot 1/4 MOA with, and on average "meh" days I am consistently 1 MOA with. I also like its reliability.

My NEMO Arms Omen Match 3.0 [300 win mag] is presently on the disabled list and is down at my gunsmith awaiting what is likely a return to NEMO for warranty work. That's another story for another time.

My gunsmith is presently working on a custom build light weight bolt-action 300 win mag for me, we're about 2 months into the 6 month quoted lead time, that's another story for another time and I'll provide some updates on that at some point.

Right now my main ongoing project is to get the most out of my Kestrel 5700 Elite X, make sure it is properly paired with my smart phone and my laser range finder, build my gun profiles, and begin to bring all of these devices together and get them to work for me and get the most out of them. I have to admit, I sort of just prefer doing the mil-dot range calculation method, but I've been told I'm weird like that. I'm also eyeballing the GAP10 on GA Precision, as well as their M40a5, and I am also interested in the KAC SR-25, and the KAC AN/PVS-30 so I'll probably be seeking info/reviews/recommendations on those before buying those [I'm strongly inclined to get all three rifles and the night vision device, although I am open to recommendations as to alternatives].

I think that is all for now (do keep in mind lawyers get paid by the hour which means we tend to think in terms of billing by the word, although we're not journalists because lawyers at least occasionally tell the truth). My only regret is that I won't be able to bill the time I spent writing this post to anybody else. I once told a client, "I dreamed about your case last night" and he didn't feel inspired to let me bill for that.

Glad to be on board and posting.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country