• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings from Switzerland (again)

ptosis

Maniacal nitpick
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2014
Switzerland
And here we go again:

Yours truly, a shooter from Switzertland, mostly 300m rifle, but also anything else that goes bang. Relatively inexperienced at the long range game, I am here to learn and to share what I have learned.

In advance I apologise for spelling, grammar and style -- English is not my native language.

I have registered the first time a few days ago (with the same name -- ptosis), written a few posts, but my account has been deleted today without warning, along with all contributions. Is there any chance to find out why?

1. Have I violated a forum rule? My contributions were polite, factual, and strictly on-topic. Did I miss something in the rules? If yes, what was it (so that I don't do it in the future).

2. Was it simply an arbitrary decision of a forum admin ("just because")? I have no problems with that, and would then fall back to lurking mode. But a short message in this respect would have been nice and polite.

3. Was it just a mistake?

If someone can help to clarify this -- please, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,
Ptosis

Last edited:
I did not delete your account and generally speaking accounts are not deleted but banned.

It is possible you got caught up in a spam filter, but generally speaking we don't go around arbitrarily deleting accounts it's not in our interest to do that

I did not delete your account and generally speaking accounts are not deleted but banned.

It is possible you got caught up in a spam filter, but generally speaking we don't go around arbitrarily deleting accounts it's not in our interest to do that
Thanks for the clarification!
Indeed, arbitrary deletions of accounts really don't seem to be in the spirit of this place.

It is "4. System glitch" then.
Maybe the paranoid spamfilter freaked out at the third mention of guns.ptosis.ch http link.