• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings

LRRifleman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Hello. My name is Ed. I am an experienced competitor in NRA High Power competitions since 1988. I hold a Master classification in High Power and Sharpshooter in Long Range. Since I became disabled, I have earned a Marksman card at Mid Range. Due to the injuries, I have now discovered F class.

I have built up 2 handicapped friendly rifles for long range. My first is an AR platform rifle in. 223 with a White Oak match upper (26" 1:8" Wilson) and a Chip McCormick modular trigger. My current glass is a BSA Platinum 8-32X. I am now using a 9"-12" Versa Pod bipod with sled feet. For windier conditions, I am putting a Remington 700 ADL Varmint in .308 Winchester in an HS Precision stock with an older Weaver T16 dot scope. This will also wear the Versa Pod bipod.

For .223 loads I have 3. At the 600 yard line, I am shooting 77 gr SMK with Varget and CCI BR4s (this load is holding the 9 ring with 8-12 variable winds gusting to about 15. I have an 80 gr SMK load I used at Perry that fared better than my bum arm. For my home range, the firing line is 1032 yards from the target butts, so I am using Barnes 85s which will stay supersonic unlike the Sierras. I have yet to develop a precision load for the. 308, but it will be based around the Sierra 175.

welcome to the hide Ed.good to see new people on the hide.it looks like we all could learn a few things from the "master" if you ever make it to new holland for an F class shoot, let me know.
dave

Dave, I would love to make it out to New Holland. Due to concussion based memory loss, not certain if I ever shot New Holland before. Can you point me to a link with match info and directions? BTW, at what distance do they fire their F class matches?

Ed

i sure can. try NHRPC never shot an f class match however, i believe they shoot to 600yds. hope this helps you out Ed.
Dave