• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greets from Pennsylvania with a few questions... o.O

DeafGryphon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2021
Oxford, Pa.
Hellos and greets to everyone here, I’m a new member to the forums, but have some experience with firearms in my past.

I was in armed security and an armoured car driver for three years ending in 1999. Fast forward to 2020 and I’m disabled retired from truck driving since 2012.

Due to looking up handguns to protect my family from violent neighbour, I’ll be purchasing a Glock 42 as a conceal carry soon. While I was looking up the Glocks, I stumbled onto long distance shooting, and LOVE what I have seen.

I have a few ideas about starting in shooting bench rest rifles, all in 22 or and 22 magnum.
From the Ruger Precision, to the Tika, and maybe when I get my SSDI retirement, maybe a custom built rifle, or maybe even a Vudoo. Drools... sorry... I was dreaming a moment.

However, I do have a few questions...
1.) How difficult is it to build a rifle from parts that I seen listed from forums that a lot of shooters like? Do I need a FFL a to build a rifle In my home? Do I need a doctorate in Gunsmithing, welding and such? Or just a great set of wrenches, screwdrivers and a corner of my dinner table?
2.) A huge caveat, is I am disabled and require the use of leg braces and crutches to walk, but may be headed to a wheelchair in a year or two. I have full use of my hands and body, it’s just my knees and ankles are going south. Are these shooting groups permitting disabled people to shoot as well, safely of course. I ‘can’ lay prone for shooting, it just takes me a bit longer to get down to the ground gracefully.
3.) Are there groups that are focused on the .22lr rifles and extreme long distance, like up to a mile or further?
4.) Have anyone else buil their own .22lr rifle for long distance on the forums here?

My humble apologies for rambling, but I found leads of a new hobby that involves guns, shooting, and with the blessings of my wife and daughter as well. We will get lessons from our local gun retailer here in Avondale, Pa.

And, as a side note: I have read posts from the owner of Vudoo rifles and how open he is to fan of his rifles. That is great, how he listens to people ask him things about his guns, and how he listens and offers advice as well. If I could work for his company, I’d love to be the guy to sweep the shells from his shooting range, showing I appreciate his business ethics and the way he carries himself.

in closing, thank you for allowing me to join this forum...
Deaf Gryphon <><

Ps, pictures are two gorgeous rifles from Google, and one list of gun parts someone had posted used by pro shooters.

Attachments

• C9A118A1-5938-4332-AE29-BDF1A5F3D71D.png
    C9A118A1-5938-4332-AE29-BDF1A5F3D71D.png
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • 2F908A81-61D5-46E3-BBD8-9B1A7B246DC0.png
    2F908A81-61D5-46E3-BBD8-9B1A7B246DC0.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 3A8FB21C-35CF-4CFE-AFA3-05486CC93C03.png
    3A8FB21C-35CF-4CFE-AFA3-05486CC93C03.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 34