Greg Abbott has to go. Question?

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Greg Abbott of Texas will be the Republican incumbent up for re-election in a couple years. That’s a little ways off but I want to be prepared. What could I do to get a conservative to run against him in the primaries? For what I understand, he is supposed to run unchallenged.

I can not vote for a man who took away the right of Texans to go make a living under the threat of fines and up to 180 days in jail per his executive order. We all know of Shelley Luther, the salon owner in Dallas, who violated a cease and disest order from Judge Jenkins and a restraining order from Judge Moyé and who was ultimately arrested and fined $7000 and put in jail. She was released a couple days later because of an injunction by the Texas Supreme Court.

People seem to be giving Abbott the credit for her release. I am giving him credit for her arrest. These judges were empowered because of Abbott’s executive order. Shelley was protesting Abbott’s orders. After public pressure Abbott revised his order and swiped out the arrest clause but left fines and license revocation in place. Hannity brings him on his show and praises Abbott while attacking the leftist judges and the city of Dallas. He should have hit Abbott with some tough questions but of course didn’t.

Abbott recently awarded MTX Group a $295 million dollar contract to handle the state’s contact tracing of the China virus. Texas is supposed to hire 5,000 people for the job. I’m not going to get into this can of worms as I am sure most of you guys understand what is going on with that. Let’s just say I am hot.

He has to go. What can I do? What can we do if you agree with me and are from the Lone Star State.

Reactions: dieseltech82

Expert684

Private
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2013
Lafayette, La
I would guess to contact the office for the Republican party of Texas and voice your feelings, then get as many as you can to contact them and tell them no more donations. I guess go find someone with DEEP pockets to run against him. Find a conservative hispanic woman to run against him. That should be a shoe in.

Reactions: acudaowner

BOLTRIPPER

Not Carlos Danger
Belligerents
Sep 25, 2001
Dallas Texas USA
1st off............don't bite into all the yack you just pontificated.....waxing politics here will get you permanently gone.......you are wacked on soo many levels....stupid shit like getting wrapped around the axle............ah ! not worthy of day old popcorn

Reactions: Sean the Nailer

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
1st off............don't bite into all the yack you just pontificated.....waxing politics here will get you permanently gone.......you are wacked on soo many levels....stupid shit like getting wrapped around the axle............ah ! not worthy of day old popcorn
Drunk or dumb?

acudaowner

Old Salt
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
put your name in and run against him you can do it .that or hire this guy at least the tv interviews would be funny and entertaining

Last edited:

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
put your name in and run against him you can do it .
I would have to sell my soul to the devil, learn to lie better, steal, and become a millionaire first. I could probably accomplish three of the four before 2022 but not all.

Reactions: acudaowner

Soulezoo

Hide Sommelier and Connoisseur of fine spirits
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2018
Here and there
Well you can vote for Beto and see how that works for you. Do you remember Richards? Yeah, let's go back to that.
Everything in politics nowadays is holding your nose and getting the lesser of two evils.

Or, run on your own.

Reactions: Pooter and Mwalex

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Well you can vote for Beto and see how that works for you. Do you remember Richards? Yeah, let's go back to that.
Everything in politics nowadays is holding your nose and getting the lesser of two evils.

Or, run on your own.
I can see that you might not have read my whole post. I want a conservative to run against Abbott in the primaries. A good candidate that actually believes in the Constitution. I never said I would vote for a Democrat.

I am holding any and all elected officials who took any part in the economic shutdown and any police department that arrested and otherwise enforced the laws of said officials. I would hope everyone would feel the same.

Running myself is ridiculous and you know it.

Soulezoo

Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2018
Here and there
I can see that you might not have read my whole post. I want a conservative to run against Abbott in the primaries. A good candidate that actually believes in the Constitution. I never said I would vote for a Democrat.

I am holding any and all elected officials who took any part in the economic shutdown and any police department that arrested and otherwise enforced the laws of said officials. I would hope everyone would feel the same.

Running myself is ridiculous and you know it.
Yes I do. I did read your whole post. Ted Cruz is about the only real conservative in the state and he's not all that popular. The Party controls who'll run and you have almost no say. There's the primary, but if Abbott is unopposed, what are you going to do? Not vote and let the Democrat win ala George H W Bush? Or pull a Perot and have the same effect? It's not like you have many options.

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Yes I do. I did read your whole post. Ted Cruz is about the only real conservative in the state and he's not all that popular. The Party controls who'll run and you have almost no say. There's the primary, but if Abbott is unopposed, what are you going to do? Not vote and let the Democrat win ala George H W Bush? Or pull a Perot and have the same effect? It's not like you have many options.
Hence my question in the OP which asked, “What could I do to get a conservative to run against him in the primaries? For what I understand, he is supposed to run unchallenged.”

Your answer is that I can do nothing as the system is rigged and the people have no say. That may very well be true so why vote at all? This thread is for ideas. Just looking. If Trump doesn’t win this year them none of this matters anyhow. Maybe I jumped the gun.

Last edited:

Maggot

Laffin atcha unowho
Belligerents
Jul 27, 2007
Hence my question in the OP which asked, “What could I do to get a conservative to run against him in the primaries? For what I understand, he is supposed to run unchallenged.”

Your answer is that I can do nothing as the system is rigged and the people have no say. That may very well be true so why vote at all? This thread is for ideas. Just looking. If Trump doesn’t win this year them none of this matters anyhow. Maybe I jumped the gun.
Up until this post, I had high regards for Greg Abbot. H seems like a pretty straight up guy, very pro gun. I wonder what pressure he was under to make such astupid mandate. Hopefully the Texas supreme Court will overturn it...maybe he knew they would and supported that under the table.

I dont know but it sounds out of character for the man Ive seen until this.

Could you get Ron Paul out of retirement?

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Up until this post, I had high regards for Greg Abbot. H seems like a pretty straight up guy, very pro gun. I wonder what pressure he was under to make such astupid mandate. Hopefully the Texas supreme Court will overturn it...maybe he knew they would and supported that under the table.

I dont know but it sounds out of character for the man Ive seen until this.

Could you get Ron Paul out of retirement?
Other Texas legislators are questioning the HUGE contact tracing contract.

I never was against Abbott either. I voted for him. This China virus hoax, lockdown measures and blatant government over reach just destroyed the little respect I had for the United States government at the federal all the way down to the local level. I can’t let it go.

rjacobs

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 10, 2013
Abbott should have followed the TEXAS Constitution and brought the legislators into special session to MAKE LAWS pertaining to this pandemic...

Article 4, section 8, subpart a.... in case of the prevalence of disease threat...

Most lawyers say he had at most 30 days of leeway under his emergency powers EO to put stuff into place BUT during that time he should have also been calling the lawmakers into special session in order to MAKE LAWS...

Thats the biggest issue I have with this stuff...not that it was done(for whatever possibly misguided reasons), but that there is a section in the Texas Constitution that spells out that he MUST bring the legislature into special session during times of disease threat...

NY700

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 23, 2009
Dallas
As you said you have time as he is t up for this election. I would give it an honest try with the Republican state reps and see if you make headway or just given lip service. And if it’s the later make a legit push on a third party challenger. Needless to say there is a significant segment of the state who would back a credible libertarian candidate.

as far as the judges you mentioned based on my personal experience with them professionally. I wouldn’t classify them as leftist. They are certainly not progressive, but Jenkins is as shady as they come research his relationship with the Loncar empire the suits and counter suits are interesting reading following Brian loncars death and Judge Moye, just crazy is antiques on the bench and off are just crazy. But don’t fool with that man he is not waiting for a baillif to come to his rescue that man is packing mornthan one gun under that robe!

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW
Given the circumstances I’m still not unhappy with Abbott. Closing down was a lot of monkey see monkey do, and damned if you do, damned if you don’t. We had one person get arrested here in Dallas over this bologna which everyone in the government agreed they never really intended for it to happen And quickly made it right. There are a lot of governors that took extreme draconian measures that gave plenty to be mad about. Abbott wasn’t one of them.

Now just imagine for a minute that Wendy Davis wearing her pussy hat was Governor for this.

Reactions: texastonk

D1gger

Private
Belligerents
Nov 12, 2017
I think the problem we have as conservatives is that no one is 100% conservative. Even Reagan gave amnesty to the illegal immigrants. There's a lot of backstory to it, but ultimately he signed it.
He also signed the Firearm Owner's Protection Act, which had a few good things in it, but also had some new forms of gun control
Bottom line-nobody is perfect. I would take Abbot in a heartbeat over Blackface Northam

rjacobs

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 10, 2013
Jenkins is as shady as they come
Clay Jenkins is a communist tyrant who THINKS he has all the power...

The Dallas County commissioners slapped his ass back into reality a few times... I havent heard much from him since they slapped down his "$1000 fine and 120 days in jail" edict for not wearing a mask... They had voted the week prior to restrict what he could do...then he goes and puts the mask mandate out and 12 hours later they slapped it down. Havent heard much since the second bitch slap from them... I will hand it to the county commissioners that they realized he was off the rails...

Now my county(Ellis County) is also full of communists... When a Sheriff tells you an order is not constitutional, not enforceable, he wasnt going to do anything to enforce it, etc... and you STILL do it... LUNACY.... That "order" isnt worth the paper its written on... oh wait, maybe it is right now, for toilet paper...

Reactions: W54/XM-388

rjacobs

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 10, 2013
Back to the main topic...

The Texas Republican party is just as bad or worse than the Democrats from what I saw in the primary a few months ago and the royal ass screwing they gave Dwayne Stovall and the shady, probably illegal, stuff they did to pimp Cornyn...

NOW, I would love to see somebody like Dwayne Stovall run for Governor, but he has come out as being a bit petty since he lost to Cornyn. Not necessarily about this loss, but about a lot of what has been going on with the Covid19 response... And people on his facebook page have been taking him to task over it. He has critized the state's response, yet I havent read his concrete ideas for what HE would have done... similar to ol Uncle Joe... All Stovall has said is "I would have followed the constitution" and stuff like that... well thats all well and good, but thats not a concrete plan to deal with a viral pandemic...

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Given the circumstances I’m still not unhappy with Abbott. Closing down was a lot of monkey see monkey do, and damned if you do, damned if you don’t. We had one person get arrested here in Dallas over this bologna which everyone in the government agreed they never really intended for it to happen And quickly made it right. There are a lot of governors that took extreme draconian measures that gave plenty to be mad about. Abbott wasn’t one of them.

Now just imagine for a minute that Wendy Davis wearing her pussy hat was Governor for this.
Dallas wasn’t the only city Texans were arrested. Shelley Luther was just publicized. Remember that Abbott left fines and license revocations in place just in case someone dared go back to work. Abbott wasn’t the worst governor in the USA, but he overstepped in a bad way. Do you think the $290 million and 5,000 strong contact tracing force is a good thing. Fuck him.

tomcatmv

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
I'm a bit undecided on Abbot. I really like and respect a lot of what he's done but I do sense someone is behind the curtain pulling some strings (cue Gomer Pyle "surprise, surprise, surprise"). I also know that I'm really tired of the twice a day BS emails I get from the John Cornyn campaign asking for $$$. I will vote for him against a demwit if he is the only choice but he's a RINO in the mold of Romney.

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
I'm a bit undecided on Abbot. I really like and respect a lot of what he's done but I do sense someone is behind the curtain pulling some strings (cue Gomer Pyle "surprise, surprise, surprise"). I also know that I'm really tired of the twice a day BS emails I get from the John Cornyn campaign asking for $$$. I will vote for him against a demwit if he is the only choice but he's a RINO in the mold of Romney.
I understand the concept of voting for ANY Republican over ANY Democrat communist but that sends the wrong message. It shows we are perfectly accepting of shitty candidates that we don’t like as long as they have an R beside their name. Having a rhino in office is eneffective and just as bad as a Democrat. I would assume not vote and let the Dem win by 30pts. At least a rhino’s political career is over. Better yet we make sure that rhinos don’t win primaries. We must put pressure where we need to to get better candidates. This is something I have never done and am going to see where I could possibly make a difference.

Last edited:

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW
Dallas wasn’t the only city Texans were arrested. Shelley Luther was just publicized. Remember that Abbott left fines and license revocations in place just in case someone dared go back to work. Abbott wasn’t the worst governor in the USA, but he overstepped in a bad way. Do you think the $290 million and 5,000 strong contact tracing force is a good thing. Fuck him.
I hadn’t heard of the tracing thing before I read this thread. Either way it doesn’t sound good. But if you don’t believe you are not being tracked everywhere you go already you have your head pretty Deep in the sand. Doesn’t mean I’m okay with another big brother spying campaign but this is one of the things I expect out our gov and big tech regardless

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
I hadn’t heard of the tracing thing before I read this thread. Either way it doesn’t sound good. But if you don’t believe you are not being tracked everywhere you go already you have your head pretty Deep in the sand. Doesn’t mean I’m okay with another big brother spying campaign but this is one of the things I expect out our gov and big tech regardless
We can be complacent and just exist and hopefully our children will take care of it.

I just went through the contact tracing questionnaire on Texas.gov like I was infected and was asked the names of all people who I was in close proximity to so a contact tracer could follow up with them. I was assured that the people being investigated would have no idea who gave them the names. Absolutely disgusting. Abbott loves it. Says it’s vital to opening the state.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
If you think about it for a bit, only 1 governor in the whole country that I'm aware of publicly came out and said to hell with the lock down business.

Good or bad, the top job on every politician's list is staying in power. Stupid sheeple demand you cut their throats or they will toss you out and find someone that will cut their throats..... What do you do?

You are ignoring the huge amount of communist hype and the careful global planning by the communists & global elites. Just look at how hard they bashed Trump for not being a tyrant enough and praised Como for being a super tyrant.

This was partially a setup to put the conservatives into a no win situation, you resist the lockdown demands, we blame you for all the deaths and you'll have the news media hounding you non stop. You put the lockdown in place then we'll blame it all on you when the inevitable economic collapse happens.

Your statement about I'd rather the democrats win instead of a not perfect republican is pretty much exactly what they want you to do. It's the entire reason for the "October Surprise". The other side will vote for anyone no matter how bad if they are part of the party. But if the other side will only vote for the mythical perfect candidate, guess who wins & who gets to set the rules for the next elections?

If you want some actual plans,

First off for now forget the governor altogether, what you need to do is channel the public anger and outrage as the economy goes down the toilet into getting the legislature to pass some very stiff laws curtailing this "emergency power" business on every level of government and putting strict time limits, strict conditions and penalties for violating civil rights and such. That should be your first order of business. Get them to put in the right to resist things by force.

We really need to cut the legs of power out from under these little tyrants with big egos that are the local county & city judges and commissioners etc.
Passing some tough new laws severely restricting their "power" and reminding them they are nothing but elected bureaucrats is a vital first step.
The judiciary in this state and country has been running rampant for way too long, our first order of business is to rein them in, and hold them accountable.

Then if you really don't like the current governor (which in my opinion has been the best one in 30+ years and is probably in the top 5 across the country currently for most of the freedoms we usually care about), then you need to go find someone who you like, who doesn't have a bunch of skeletons in their closet, who is not an idiot, who has something that makes it hard to attack them (abbott has a disability), is popular, well spoken, wealthy, knows how to debate well, and is the kind of person to inspire folks to work for them and get out and vote. They also have to appeal to the vast part of Texas that is more middle of the road than hard right. (Remember Texas was a democratic stronghold till the democrats under Clinton started going off the rails wackjob style).

Then if you actually have that candidate, put them up in the primaries and see how you go, but don't be a little bitch about it, which is what almost cost Ted Cruz his Senate seat. Run a positive campaign and if you loose, then gracefully get behind the winner and help them.

Also keep in mind that Abbott is not a fool, he does understand the need to keep his supporters happy. This is the perfect time to put a bit of pressure on him to save face by saying something to the effect of, we were all lied to including me, I did the best I could but had lies for information, now let's make sure this never happens again.

I'll bet we could get this "contact tracing" contract to go away by making it really stink and dragging out all the dirt on the company and turning the public against them (if you can get the sheep to do so), and then you'll have the legislature asking questions and looking into it.

Also try contacting the governor and express your concerns. Q&D has been very successful in getting the attention of politicians by leveraging the same communication platforms the other side does.

Many of the local politicians (including the governor) host regular telephone "town hall" meetings / fundraisers and if you are one of their contributors and on the voting roles, there is a pretty good chance you can get to tell them your concerns and hear their reply. (I've done it once and it left me very impressed with Abbott).

Reactions: QuickNDirty

wade2big

Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
If you think about it for a bit, only 1 governor in the whole country that I'm aware of publicly came out and said to hell with the lock down business.

Good or bad, the top job on every politician's list is staying in power. Stupid sheeple demand you cut their throats or they will toss you out and find someone that will cut their throats..... What do you do?

You are ignoring the huge amount of communist hype and the careful global planning by the communists & global elites. Just look at how hard they bashed Trump for not being a tyrant enough and praised Como for being a super tyrant.

This was partially a setup to put the conservatives into a no win situation, you resist the lockdown demands, we blame you for all the deaths and you'll have the news media hounding you non stop. You put the lockdown in place then we'll blame it all on you when the inevitable economic collapse happens.

Your statement about I'd rather the democrats win instead of a not perfect republican is pretty much exactly what they want you to do. It's the entire reason for the "October Surprise". The other side will vote for anyone no matter how bad if they are part of the party. But if the other side will only vote for the mythical perfect candidate, guess who wins & who gets to set the rules for the next elections?

First off for now forget the governor altogether, what you need to do is channel the public anger and outrage as the economy goes down the toilet into getting the legislature to pass some very stiff laws curtailing this "emergency power" business on every level of government and putting strict time limits, strict conditions and penalties for violating civil rights and such. That should be your first order of business. Get them to put in the right to resist things by force.

We really need to cut the legs of power out from under these little tyrants with big egos that are the local county & city judges and commissioners etc.
Passing some tough new laws severely restricting their "power" and reminding them they are nothing but elected bureaucrats is a vital first step.
The judiciary in this state and country has been running rampant for way too long, our first order of business is to rein them in, and hold them accountable.

Then if you really don't like the current governor (which in my opinion has been the best one in 30+ years and is probably in the top 5 across the country currently for most of the freedoms we usually care about), then you need to go find someone who you like, who doesn't have a bunch of skeletons in their closet, who is not an idiot, who has something that makes it hard to attack them (abbott has a disability), is popular, well spoken, wealthy, knows how to debate well, and is the kind of person to inspire folks to work for them and get out and vote. They also have to appeal to the vast part of Texas that is more middle of the road than hard right. (Remember Texas was a democratic stronghold till the democrats under Clinton started going off the rails wackjob style).

Then if you actually have that candidate, put them up in the primaries and see how you go, but don't be a little bitch about it, which is what almost cost Ted Cruz his Senate seat. Run a positive campaign and if you loose, then gracefully get behind the winner and help them.

Also keep in mind that Abbott is not a fool, he does understand the need to keep his supporters happy. This is the perfect time to put a bit of pressure on him to save face by saying something to the effect of, we were all lied to including me, I did the best I could but had lies for information, now let's make sure this never happens again.

I'll bet we could get this "contact tracing" contract to go away by making it really stink and dragging out all the dirt on the company and turning the public against them (if you can get the sheep to do so), and then you'll have the legislature asking questions and looking into it.

Also try contacting the governor and express your concerns. Q&D has been very successful in getting the attention of politicians by leveraging the same communication platforms the other side does.

Many of the local politicians (including the governor) host regular telephone "town hall" meetings / fundraisers and if you are one of their contributors and on the voting roles, there is a pretty good chance you can get to tell them your concerns and hear their reply. (I've done it once and it left me very impressed with Abbott).
I appreciate the advice.

As far as me wanting a Dem to win over a not perfect Rep candidate is slightly misinterpreted. I did say that but followed up with what actually needs to happen. I knew this thread would be controversial, but I have been opposed 100% of any executive order mandates along with the county judges and sheriffs lecturing the public.

In my neighboring county ( Matagorda), a judge went full retard at the beginning of this thing talking to people like they were children and couldn’t make a decision for themselves saying that there were no more chances and the full force of the law would be used to uphold Abbott’s EO. Beach closures and curfews were implemented. It was something I haven’t seen before and will not get used to. To turn around, hold my nose, and vote for the cocksucker that did this to Texas would be beyond what I am willing to do. I will not.

anon

Private
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2013
I'm not ready to throw him out just yet.

Are you dissatisfied with any of your other elective office holders?

Kim Ogg's office is trying to dodge the bullet on the stabbing death of Rosie Cook and blames the judge but does not name the judge who let Randy Taylor out amongst us. Can't even tell if he was a covid related release. I grew up and spent time in that neighborhood. First saw snow in '73, weathered Alicia, Rita, and Ike there. A good place has been destroyed by crime. Acevedo threatened to name those responsible for each release the other day. But he did the same last Sept. when he accused them of pussy-footing.

Back to your op, Abbott declared the emergency. Texas 418 then comes into effect. 418.173 limits the penalties to $1,000 and/or 180 days. That part of the statute has stood since 1987 apparently. How are your state senator and congressman? They own the statutes.

Maybe someone bar certified that practices in Texas cares to clarify.

Every single person on your ballot matters.

Last edited:

BufordTJustice

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2019
This COVID-19 hoax (the reaction, not the virus. The virus is real I get that, people have died. Yes) has further highlighted the evil that politicians and people with power can cause. Not sure what the long game is gonna look like or why some people see our ideals as bad but they do & they will take our liberty if we allow it. People are sheep, The left is the enemy of the people. They have, and continue to make inroads in all facets of our society. People better wake up, Abbot included. I'm always disappointed when I vote. Not sure why a civil society cannot be attained without encroaching on personal liberties, maybe it's because it's made up of people? I thoroughly enjoy reading posts of like minded people in the bear pit. While we all probably won't agree on everything , I'll stand! Oh...and Mil not Moa

Reactions: Bender

Soulezoo

Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2018
Here and there
I understand the concept of voting for ANY Republican over ANY Democrat communist but that sends the wrong message. It shows we are perfectly accepting of shitty candidates that we don’t like as long as they have an R beside their name. Having a rhino in office is eneffective and just as bad as a Democrat. I would assume not vote and let the Dem win by 30pts. At least a rhino’s political career is over. Better yet we make sure that rhinos don’t win primaries. We must put pressure where we need to to get better candidates. This is something I have never done and am going to see where I could possibly make a difference.
If you want to truly make a difference, it starts with local election boards and local GOP party. You have to get inside.

BytorJr

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018

Who's that one governor?

These "R" governors are still pretty into "control" regardless of where you are from. I'm frankly stunned that apparently even though we are now "safer at home" the Fish and Game/State Police/etc can still WILL arrest you for fishing with your buddy on a 19' bass boat (neighbor told me). That even though legally whilst you're casting all would be legal, apparently blasting 50+mph down the lake 3 feet next to somebody is a problem...because I guess they have determined in their infinite wisdom by running computational fluid dynamics that a sneeze at 50+ mph will enter into some boundary layer effect and infect your fishing partner. Thank you Kay....

Finally, though I no longer live in TX and moved a year after Rick Perry became governor, I was under the impression Abbot was a LOT more conservative than Bush, and overall a better governor (thus far) than Perry - especially on gun rights and border security. Certainly this tracing thing is very troublesome, but I remember Texas under the drunk...Ann Richards. Saw her dedicate the Spirit of Texas at Dallas NAS. She was slurring her speech like she'd just gotten hammered in the bar down the street - we don't want that to happen again. Granted, I don't follow Texas news as much as I used to since I am pretty sure I'll never live there again - especially the more purple it gets.

NY700

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 23, 2009
Dallas
I’ve live here in texas now 6 years. Texas isn’t a conservative state.

there are millions of conservatives who live here sure!

Texas is a corporation. Due to texas law, texas has the most amended state constitution in the country. It basically has deferred the power that is usually sucked up by state and local governments (good and bad) and transferred them to corporations.

Texas throws around eminent domain like its a parking ticket

massive corporate tax breaks and zero state tax (no state tax favors the very wealthy disproportionately compared to the avg person) in exchange for higher sales tax,

highproperty tax which is rising and surprisingly high utilities. Solar, wind, oil and natural gas. Abundant. (I honestly don’t know does Texas have any Coal). Hell we have no water but we still get 1-2% of our power from hydro and yet our electric bills are crazy.

Metro texas is Long Island early 1980’s. Watch the development look where it has been and where it is going. $15k /yr property tax is on its way

remember the North East was the heart of the Republican Party. The Bush family is from the north East not texas. They lived and went to school in the North East. All the big money people are in the north East. They came to texas to seize opportunity and adapted they political alignments accordingly.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
massive corporate tax breaks and zero state tax (no state tax favors the very wealthy disproportionately compared to the avg person) in exchange for higher sales tax,
Keep that state income tax drivel out of Texas thank you very much.

We have no state income tax and we like it that way.
Just ask all the fools who followed your idea of letting the evil of state income tax in for a "lower sales tax" how that's working out for them now........

I get to keep way more of my money by not having a sales tax and then if I choose to spend my money on certain things, it gets taxed, other things not.

The big issue here is property taxes but unfortunately the entire country sucks at the tit of property tax and even on the hide here there are a whole chorus of folks going on about how important and fair it is.

If I had my way, the only tax that would be allowed is a sales tax and nothing else.

Reactions: nn8734

tomcatmv

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Property taxes in Texas are highway robbery, period. I live in Bell county and I would bet most of it goes to the fricking school district because I rarely see anything else being built/fixed. Plus most of the county services have been pretty much shut down (same with Waco) and I'm sure all those bureaucrat employees are still getting paid.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
Property taxes in Texas are highway robbery, period. I live in Bell county and I would bet most of it goes to the fricking school district because I rarely see anything else being built/fixed. Plus most of the county services have been pretty much shut down (same with Waco) and I'm sure all those bureaucrat employees are still getting paid.
You should have gotten your yearly appraisal by now or should be getting it.
Take a look at it carefully and you'll see the tax rates and amount by each entity with their hands in your pockets.
The local school district / communist indoctrination probably is getting 2/3rds of it.
Somebody has to pay for 80 to 120 million dollar high school football stadiums and that somebody is.... You.

Reactions: Forrest84

Travclem

Dr. Dickweed
Belligerents
Jul 14, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Look up Greg Abbott and tort reform, will tell you all you need to know about his character. He made $6-10mil on the tort case where he was paralyzed, then Signed the tort reform into law limiting personal injury damages to $250k. Not that I don't believe tort cases get out of hand sometimes, just seems rich coming from him given the circumstances. He would probably not have been a wealthy enough person to run for governor without his tort money.

Last edited:

BytorJr

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Property taxes were scary high when I lived there in the 90's, I cannot imagine what they must be now. I like the sales tax idea myself; of course, the problem is, "they" will spend as much as you give them. This is why there is going to have to be some type of REAL action so as to control spending - be it on state or national level.

Lesch

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2020
Go ahead and right Texas off. The liberal cancer has infected way to much and can't be stopped. With train loads of libs from cal. ny and illegals, real Texans are out numbered. It is a truly sad sight being a life long native. It will turn blue the next election and will never have another Republican in office. They destroy everything they touch. Take one look at where they came from and the sewer they left.

Amanda4461

Private
Belligerents
Nov 11, 2009
Beaumont, Tx
10 years in Beaumont did me in, regarding anything Texas but PappaDeaux seafood and the rifle ranges. Moved there for petroleum job transfers, then retired and moved to North Carolina. Saved over 25% of our net cash flow each month due to much lower Property Tax, very much lower auto and homeowners Insurance cost, much lower Electric bills and much lower Humidity doesn’t hurt my feelings either. The only thing equal is the fact that your Property Taxes pay to “educate” and pay the Emergency Room bills for all of the Illegal Aliens and assorted other trash of all colors who can’t or won’t work. When Exxon or Chevron has a job application advertised, drawing over 2,000 people to take a written test for their oil and chemical refineries, then has to disqualify over 55% of the ones who could manage to spell their name, weren’t previously arrested for drugs, dui or assault & battery, and could do enough one-banana math to pass the test, you know you live in a 3rd world shithole.

tomcatmv

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
You should have gotten your yearly appraisal by now or should be getting it.
Take a look at it carefully and you'll see the tax rates and amount by each entity with their hands in your pockets.
The local school district / communist indoctrination probably is getting 2/3rds of it.
Somebody has to pay for 80 to 120 million dollar high school football stadiums and that somebody is.... You.
Yeah, got it about a week ago and taxes went up again. What really pisses me off is that almost every gov. employee I've had to deal with has a fucking attitude, if you know what I mean. Like they're doing you a favor by just being there.

E. Bryant

Gearhead
Belligerents
Oct 25, 2010
MI
Conservativism has two simultaneous problems:

1) A near-complete lack of standards for whom conservative voters will support, just so long as they bark a few catchphrases and have an (R) behind their name on the ballot.

2) Impossible purity tests in anything else regarding conservatism (mostly in the form of loudmouth posturing that greatly decreases our chances of forming a broad coalition of voters that crosses the various divides of socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, etc. that are used by the powers-that-be to divide and conquer).

• Love

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
As compared to the opposition who believe in option 1 as gospel and demand lock step obedience to the party.

It's why they keep slowly gaining ground