• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Grendel ammo

B-boy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
anybody here hunting deer with the 6.5 grendel ? What ammo are you using ? How does it perform ? Thanks

Re: Grendel ammo

yup, used a 100gr TTSX (handload) on whitetail last fall worked great, 130yd 1 shot drop
used a 95gr Vmax on a coyote at about 75-100yds Christmas eve..again, excellent performance.
Now that some fo the legal and political issues have been worked out, i am guessing more factory loads will come.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now that some fo the legal and political issues have been worked out, i am guessing more factory loads will come.

</div></div>

I never head about any issues? please enlighten.

I plan on using mine for deer but I can't for the life of me get mine to shoot less that 3/4 MOA with 123SMKs/Win748/AA-brass so I'm holding off until I get that worked out.

the round is now SAAMI approved, and AA released the trademark

handloading?
try some 8208XBR powder, stuff works great.

Sorry I don't hand load will be buying "factory" loaded stuff for now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 357/308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I don't hand load will be buying "factory" loaded stuff for now </div></div>

With proper shot placement, I don't see why "factory" Hornady rounds ($18-20 a box) loaded with their 123 grain AMAX wouldn't kill any deer under 300 yards. I plan to prove this point on deer and hog's real soon.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the round is now SAAMI approved, and AA released the trademark

handloading?
try some 8208XBR powder, stuff works great.
</div></div>

Ah, I did hear about that. Thanks for the info, I'll give 8206 a try. I've tried win748 and Tac so far with 3/4" to shotgun results.

30.5gr of 2520 and a 120nbt works great for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texdoug1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">30.5gr of 2520 and a 120nbt works great for me. </div></div>

What's your OAL?

Despite opposition the 123 a max is just fine for light skinned game. I killed 2 deer last season no problem with factory ammo.

aa factory nbt's work pretty good
grendelyote.jpg

grendelpig.jpg