• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grey Ghost builder kit with 16” Douglas SPR build

B Man

Little Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2010
South side of Big River
Finished this one up the other day. Wanted me a shorter and lighter SPR’ish 5.56. Couldn’t find much on the Douglas barrels by CLE in the Tactical/Recon profile so figured I’d share. Btw another member on here I did talk to that had great results with his barrel. I just finished a light break in on the barrel, cleaned, fouled, and started load work up with 1x LC brass, I think it’ll be a hummer. Going to test it out a little farther with this load shortly to see if it’s repeatable. Oh and the gun is extremely flat and smooth shooting with the Vltor A5 system even being a mid length gas system I really like it!

I will possibly swap out the optic to a lower power & smaller package.
1-10 lpvo (open to suggestions) or 2-10 (Trijicon credo). I’m trying the trigger, wanted to give it a spin.

Build list attached

• BCM Mod 1 sopmod stock
  • Cmmg zeroed lpk
  • BCM .750 gas block
  • Grey Ghost Precision MK ii multicam cerakote builder kit
  • CLE Douglas 16” barrel
  • Blackout defense 3lbs flat (replaced now with Larue mbt2-s)
  • Magpul k2 grip
  • Toolcraft premium bcg headspaced to barrel
  • BCM mk2 extension
  • Vltor A5 Buffer and spring
  • Bootleg gas tube
  • Bootleg A2 Flash hider
  • Breekarms warhammer mod2 charge handle
  • Vortex Viper PST ii 3-15x44
  • PLx 30mm 20 moa mount
  • XS XTI2 DXT offset irons
  • BCM quick detach mount & swivels
  • GGP SD Mega GT sling

83C8B8BD-A4E9-48CA-8695-8538F50E5B0E.jpeg
5EF3D85F-7C87-4064-BAB5-8A4B9D462379.jpeg
CD831B9A-7AAA-49A2-B17E-B097CA50A8A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a chance to shoot that load some more and try it at 500 yards. I had 8 rounds left so I shot one as a sighter, corrected then shot these 7 rounds out. I’m settled on a load to throw for it now and very happy with how it has turned out for a shorter lightweight rifle. I’ll probably throw a smaller optic on it now.

533F5971-9BFF-4171-879C-A6C5E657F9D0.jpeg
F9F0BA3B-A6B8-483E-A07C-9B3F2B5E9BA9.jpeg

Incredible build. I just got two CLE Douglas barrels and I'm excited to try them out. I want to see Molon test this barrel.

I built a 6 ARC with 18” Proof off of a GG set. It’s 1/2-5/8 MOA with Hornady Black. Just completed the large frame GG build but haven’t shot it yet.
349406F0-63B4-42CE-854F-A198EEC7CEF5.jpeg

Reactions: B Man
I built a 6 ARC with 18” Proof off of a GG set. It’s 1/2-5/8 MOA with Hornady Black. Just completed the large frame GG build but haven’t shot it yet.
View attachment 8084928
They were running some killer deals on the large frame set around Christmas. I almost bought it but decided to go with an Aero m5 enhanced set for the more monolithic style handguard. That thing looks killer!

I have a T6xi on my Mega mml set, really liking that optic.

Reactions: J-Fonz
Nice build!

Im running a few of those parts in my small and large frame builds, I'm really enjoying the CMMG Zeroed ambi mag release in both small and large frame.

The War Hammer CH has also been working out great for my small frame builds.

Nice build!

Im running a few of those parts in my small and large frame builds, I'm really enjoying the CMMG Zeroed ambi mag release in both small and large frame.

The War Hammer CH has also been working out great for my small frame builds.

Thanks Jake.
Yeah I installed the MK3 zeroed lpk in my large frame build I’m working on too. Everything worked perfect except the bolt catch, to wide on the top so I switched it up. I was hesitant on the Warhammer Ch but it had great reviews and watched a torture test and it test every bit as good as the radian so I tried it. Still like my radian charge handles but I’ll take the warhammer at 1/2 cost. I did change out the trigger lately to a Larue mbt2-s too.

Ive got a couple TriggerTechson on order now, really looking forward to testing the new Single Stage AR15 Diamond in a 20" CLE Match Bartlein build Ina Seeki s Receiver Set I'm working on now. I helped @impactaddict with a similar setup, looking forward to his results as well.

Those 16" CLE Douglas barrels are a great value and solid performers.

Reactions: B Man
Those trigger techs are sooooo smooth. The break is amazing! I almost put one in the large frame build I’m working on using your 6.5creed m110 profile from CLE (about 9 weeks to go I think) but I am going to install another Geissele SD-E in it. Have it in my box of goodies.

Reactions: bigjake83