• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grey Ops CNC AMP solo

jmikell870

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2018
Think I wanted to try out one of the Grey Ops CNC plates. I'm leaning toward the AMP solo because I like the versatility of mounting the plate like a table or mounting on a rifle. I think the plate will mostly live on the rifle. I haven't seen any competitor brands and I'm sure sure how "practical" it would be. I personally don't know anyone running the Solo, so I was going to see if anyone here has input?

I think these are kinda along the same lines as having 5 bags with you at each stage. There's a benefit, fairly minimal, and probably not worth the time hassle of on/off at different stages. JMO.

Is this another option?

Reactions: jmikell870
I've played around with the small plate (the Mini-Gun) and it's pretty effective in certain scenarios. I just wish it had the option of mounting it like a tac table as well, it would make it more versatile. I'm thinking of just getting a male-male (no homo) Arca adapter so I can use it as a tac table if needed. Something like a Gittings pad gives you about 90% of the stability you get form the plate but is much more versatile, imo.

I've played around with the small plate (the Mini-Gun) and it's pretty effective in certain scenarios. I just wish it had the option of mounting it like a tac table as well, it would make it more versatile. I'm thinking of just getting a male-male (no homo) Arca adapter so I can use it as a tac table if needed. Something like a Gittings pad gives you about 90% of the stability you get form the plate but is much more versatile, imo.
Have you come across a male male plate. I’ve been googling with no luck double side clamps yes. Let me know if you find one.

The Area 419 plate can be mounted as a table.

The Area 419 plate can be mounted as a table.

I've had the Area 419 Rail Changer X in hand for a few weeks and its a really versatile piece of kit. It is defanitly more gun mount friendly than one of the big AMPS, and more versitle with the bag mounting options. Like GGK said, it also has a section of ARCA lock on the bottom and can be used as a table as well.

I've had the Area 419 Rail Changer X in hand for a few weeks and its a really versatile piece of kit. It is defanitly more gun mount friendly than one of the big AMPS, and more versitle with the bag mounting options. Like GGK said, it also has a section of ARCA lock on the bottom and can be used as a table as well.

OP: I agree with the above and with the ability to mount and quick detach bags is gonna be a game changer (pun).

I really like mine and some of the new stuff coming out it is going to be well worth the change. Only downside I've seen so far over the mini amp plate is that in some positions it can be a little large, but it is significantly smaller than the full size amp plates.

Now that being said if you are only intending on using the plate to mount spotters/range finders on I think the large AMP is probably better suited to that.

Reactions: jmikell870
You can buy one from Desmond on amazon for cheap also. This one I have is too big probably, but there are also smaller ones one there. I can’t find any that are basically the length of a standard arca plate, so you might have to cut one up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
You can buy one from Desmond on amazon for cheap also. This one I have is too big probably, but there are also smaller ones one there. I can’t find any that are basically the length of a standard arca plate, so you might have to cut one up.
Didn’t think about cutting one. Good idea

Didn’t think about cutting one. Good idea

This looks like the cheapest one that is short to cut up.

This is the one I have

Nice I’m going try this out. I’ll post pics after I’m done.