• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin Armament cans

gonzaga

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2011
Raton NM
I was just wondering if any of you guys have used their cans or not. Saw a few video clips of their stuff, they seem very well built and rate their DB reduction at 27-28db. Their take down tools come with the purchase of your can also.

They have and ad on their site that if you purchase a can that they pay for the tax stamp. They also say that their cans were used by the military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Re: Griffin Armament cans

I have heard good reviews of their .22 cans, I have one being transfered now. Not sure about the centerfire cans, I think the current versions are relatively new revisions and I haven't heard much about them yet.

Uhhhh you can say whatever you want .... I have a can that gives 127db reduction.

Owners are tools in my opinion. And for that I would not purchase a single thing made by them. Also your can may say "front towards arabs"

556Bushwacker002.jpg

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2324740#Post2324740 have a look in that thread as well ...... 11B-B4 is one of the brothers. HPLLC is the other brother.

Well I was just wondering about their product performance.
I read that thread and I really don't care about any of that crap, if a guy is making some good cans, and they perform, that's all that matters to me.

I am not really interested in any pissin matches that are going on between competitors, I just want a can that will hold up and perform.

I have heard good things about YHM cans also, is that the direction I should go? Do you guys have any experience with them?

Um this is my advice, dont buy a budget can. Save your psnnies and buy better. If you buy a budget can and then shoot it next to another you will not be happy but you have just wasted all that money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um this is my advice, dont buy a budget can. Save your psnnies and buy better. If you buy a budget can and then shoot it next to another you will not be happy but you have just wasted all that money. </div></div>

+1

One thing most people do not consider is point of impact shift. Will it be consistent? I have also seen suppressors open up a groups size.

The worst thing about suppressors is tha you hardly every get to see how the will perform on your platform. Once you buy one you are pretty much stuck with it good or bad.

That's what I was really wondering.

Ok, now that being said, what cans do you run on your weapons?

I am looking to put a can on my CZ .223, and use it on my bull 10/22.
I have heard two cans being shot, on was a Gemtech and the other was a can that I think he said was called a Whisper can? The Gemtech was sweet, I only shot it out of a 10/22 though. The other was mounted on his 22-250, and that was not very loud at all. The whisper would require alot more machine work than the 1/2-28 standard threading for mounting. The whisper had a different mounting technique.

I am using a Gemtech HVT on my Ar 10 and my 18 inch 5.56 SPR build. Its ok for what it is. I'm getting ready to buy an Ops Inc 16th model this week. For your application I would look at a Gemtech Trek, AAC Ranger 2, as well as their QD cans. I would also consider eventually getting a dedicated .22 can that you can service. I hear the lead build up can be pretty brutal on a ceter fire can. I am thinking the AAC Prodigy for my .22 can.

I have also heard that the .22 would tend to foul up my 5.56 can.

Thanks for that input, I will be checking into them.

the rimfire is a VERY dirty ammo, you're gonna want a can that can be disassembled for cleaning

I have shot my M&P 15-22 through my TiRant9S and when I take it apart after 500rds it is caked with powder and lead pieces.
It also makes a huge difference sound wise shooting a 22 from a 9mm, 223

Outsy must believe people who make mistakes never warrant forgiveness.

He has never had any interaction with our company, to the best of my knowledge has no experience with our products, and for that reason couldn't possibly hope to give you any pertinent information about our products.

The pictured suppressor was made of 316L stainless steel with a 718 inconel blast baffle. they were Tig welded with inconel 82 filler rod. The design did not call for dressing the welds and this made them ugly, and also durable. We made them with wire EDM bores that were cut from .260" round at the blast baffle to .275" hex at the front cap. This allowed people to use a 7mm allen wrench to install and remove the can if desired. The suppressors produced a 32.5 DB sound signature reduction on a 14.5" barrel. They weighed 19.1 ounces and were 6.5" OAL, and many of the people who bought them later sent e-mails telling me how happy they were with the product for the purchase price of $400 not including the tax stamp. The project overran cost significantly so the suppressors actually cost something like $430 each to make. We only sold 25 of them on the civilian market. 4 units additionally did deploy to Iraq with the military and there were good reports and impressed people in the field.

As a result of all the negative attention we received from people who never bought the product but only saw pictures on the internet, I made it a goal to make silencers that were more aesthetically pleasing in the future.

Gonzaga:

What you heard is correct. 22LR ammo is very dirty. You will get lead and powder deposits on the inside of a suppressor. The solution is a take down suppressor that you can clean yourself. However, there aren't many suppressors that will run 223 AND are user servicable. The only one I know of that will do that is a Mystic by Liberty. I don't have the Mystic yet but I do have two other Liberty cans and I'm very pleased with them.

The Mystic is rated for many calibers. 9x19mm, 357 MAG, 223, 308 Subsonic, 300 Blackout, 338 Spectre, etc, etc. If you want one can to most everything, this is the one to get. It is user serviceable so you can shoot 22s, clean the thing out, and then shoot centerfire.

www.libertycans.net

And as to your question of what I'm running, I've got a Liberty Kodiak TL that I use on a CZ452 American, a Ruger 10/22, and a Ruger 22/45. For centerfire, I've got a Liberty Freedom that I use on a Remington 5R 308. If they'd had the Mystic when I bought my Kodiak TL, I'd probably never have bought the Kodiak. The Mystic is just to versatile to need a separate 22LR can.

-David

I appreciate the feedback guys. There are only a FEW people that I know that run any kind of suppressors. I have been fortunate to have heard a few of them.

I think they are addicting, from whateveryone tells me "once you get one, you will be wanting another". I am gonna run it mostly on my CZ .223, this is the gun that we shoot the most. It is a dedicated coyote,varmint, and range gun. Not too mention that my son has adopted it as his own, little rat.

You guys are giving me alot of stuff to chew on.

Keep em coming.