• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Griffin Armament Muzzle Device Promotional Video

HPLLC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Wales WI
www.griffinarmament.com
We finally got our video back from editing. The video demonstrates muzzle/recoil control, prone/side prone dust signature, and also night/night vision flash signature comparisons of our current muzzle devices with the A2 compensator. Hope you guys enjoy it.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3g3otebce4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3g3otebce4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Griffin Armament Muzzle Device Promotional Video

Nice products brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice products brother. </div></div>

Thanks- we're fortunate to have been able to get some products out to dealers. The dealers are a big asset to have. There is some positive momentum going and that really helps to develop new products.

Nice video, as well. Very informative. How does the recoil reduction of the M4SDII Brake compare to the Compensator? It's hard to tell from the video, but it looked like the Compensator was more effective.

In my opinion the brake reduces recoil much more than the tac comp.

Basically all tactical compensator are a jack of all trades master of none. They do everything pretty well but nothing great. The Brake is awesome for recoil reduction, pretty good for flash reduction (due to the design) but not good for side concussion (if that matters to you.

I chose the muzzle brake for my own 12.5 LMT gun because it makes it super fast for follow up shots. I love it.

The Tactical compensator are pretty good too. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you have any particular questions feel free to post up more.

I am in involved with Griffin Armament as well.

-Evan

The Brake reduces recoil. Recoil is the force that when directed into a shooter's anatomical position, creates muzzle rise and that has a lot to do with the body contacting surface of the stock being generally below the bore line. By reducing recoil by approximately 60%, the brake is able to reduce muzzle rise to a force that is then controllable using a thumb over grip and good body position whereas the A2 does zero recoil reduction and leaves the shooter with too much rise to effectively control without a lot of training and very tuned, gross muscle input to the weapon.

The M4SD Comp on the other hand reduces recoil by about 42%, and establishes more or less neutral muzzle control by a calculated porting configuration that redirects gas to effectively kill muzzle rise.

The Flash Comp we found to be about 55% effective as a recoil reducer, because the closing of the ports in front increases pressure out of the ports almost like a muzzle brake. We didn't sound test the flash comp like we did the M4SD comp but perceived side concussion is still noticeably less than a muzzle brake, and probably more like a battle comp which has larger venting ports. We actually decided to make a very slight revision to the porting configuration of the flash comp resulting in a second generation comp with the top row of ports closed that will begin hitting the market in a few weeks.

The flash comp is a fairly effective flash suppressor on barrels 14.5" or longer, and creates about the same amount of flash as an A2 flash suppressor. On the shorter guns, driving pressure through the ports begins to cause flash to get more aggressive. We don't have a current plan to offer a specifically tuned version for more acceptable night flash performance on shorter 10.5"-12.5" barrels, but that may be something we offer in the future. As the majority of the civilian market is 16" or longer, the flash comps flash performance was designed with that barrel length in mind.

Wow, awesome responses, guys! That's some good information, thanks!

Just bought an M4SDII Brake from JoeBobOutfitters. I'm excited to see how it compares to the Nordic Tactical Comp I have right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought an M4SDII Brake from JoeBobOutfitters. I'm excited to see how it compares to the Nordic Tactical Comp I have right now. </div></div>

Cool, let me know how you like it.

Review from SKD tactical M4SD Comp customer (five stars)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Griffin Armament M4SD-II Tactical Compensator November 1, 2012
Reviewer: Frederick Golebiowski from Logan, UT United States
Works great. Will buy more of in the future as opposed to the similarly designed, featured, performing and more expensive BCE BattleComp 2.0 SCV.</div></div>

Photo courtesy of Militarymorons.com:
526303_10151559169804569_39325709_n.jpg

M4SD-II compensator clearing the corner with the Accutac Anglesight! for more information visit: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.optics3.html#accutact

Photo courtesy of Controlled Chaos Arms:
484201_10151359509611584_84163508_n.jpg

Controlled Chaos Arms Lower, CCA upper, MAGPUL stock, sights, grip, mag, etc. Seekins Precision 3 Gun Rail, AIMPOINT PRO, Geissele Trigger, and the Griffin Armament Comp, etc.
http://www.facebook.com/controlledchaosarms

Will a 7.62 brake be coming in the future? Got a POF .308 that wants one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will a 7.62 brake be coming in the future? Got a POF .308 that wants one. </div></div>

We've got them coming in three thread pitches (5/8x24, 18x1 SAKO, 3/4x24 (DTA), but they will have a thread, thread protector and tapered collar for attaching a brake mounted sound suppressor.

Also in that production cycle are .308 flash comps, which offer recoil reduction like a muzzle brake, flash suppression equivalent to A2 flash suppressor, and muzzle rise elimination.

Just found this <span style="font-weight: bold">Flash Comp</span> review- Whoever this is I appreciate your posting results- I don't have an account on M4 Carbine to post it there.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82293&page=5#post1451356

"I received and installed my Griffin M4SD flash comp yesterday and shot about 200 rounds of WPA this evening. I used a crush washer for the time being. The flash reduction for a comp is very good. The only other muzzle devices I've used are A2, YHM Phantom 5c2, PWS FSC, Rainier XTC and Midwest Industries. It has a does a great job a muzzle rise while still retaining some flash suppression capability. From the view through an Omni VIII PVS 14, flash isn't any worse than an A2 and the Midwest."