• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin Armament RECCE7 or RSTA?

RTL

RTL
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I'm shopping for a 30 can and I'm interested in the idea of a reflex design. I like what I've seen about Griffins and their attachment brakes and I'm looking at the RECCE 7 and RSTA. Length on the rifle is more important to me than weight and the RSTA is only an inch longer on the rifle than the RECCE. Listed Db attenuation is quite a bit different and if the RSTA is much quieter then I think I'll probably go with that one. Going to be used on a 14.5" 308 carbine and a few bolt guns in 30 & 6mm, no magnums, no SBR, no FA. I'd really like to hear from anyone who is familiar with and has shot any of the Griffins, what do you like or not about them?

I'm shopping for a 30 can and I'm interested in the idea of a reflex design. I like what I've seen about Griffins and their attachment brakes and I'm looking at the RECCE 7 and RSTA. Length on the rifle is more important to me than weight and the RSTA is only an inch longer on the rifle than the RECCE. Listed Db attenuation is quite a bit different and if the RSTA is much quieter then I think I'll probably go with that one. Going to be used on a 14.5" 308 carbine and a few bolt guns in 30 & 6mm, no magnums, no SBR, no FA. I'd really like to hear from anyone who is familiar with and has shot any of the Griffins, what do you like or not about them?
I can visit my RSTA at the dealer, but haven't used it yet.
I like the design for it's use of the dead space under my SBR's hand guard, which also brings the center of gravity rearward, and due to the added internal volume it would be more quiet than the RECCE 7.

RSTA is a quiet can for just about anything, 300BLK on a short gun, 308 Semi auto, bolt gun etc.

The Recce 7 is like the SDN6 or 762K. It's an average performer that is has a wide scope of application from 556 to 300blk, 6.8spc, 308 etc. The recce 7 sounds nice on bolt guns but is an average performer on semi's and short guns. The mid size suppressors in this class are very similar in that respect. They dont do anything extremely well but they do everything decent.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

-Evan [email protected]

It does help, thanks Evan. I think I've finally got resources together and I'll give you a call next week