• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Griffin Armament Superior Precision Rifle Modular Mounts - SPRM²

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Official Sniper's Hide account of Griffin Armament
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Griffin Armament Superior Precision Rifle Modular Mounts

Next Generation, Sniper-Grade, Precision Rifle Optic Mounts

Griffin Armament is a firearm industry manufacturer founded by two Army Infantry sniper qualified combat veterans. Although they are best known for their high-performance signature reducing sound suppressors, founders Austin and Evan have recently leveraged their lifelong passion for precision rifle marksmanship and nearly a decade of notable research and development into a completely new product line, The Griffin Armament Superior Precision Rifle Modular Mounts.

Relatively featureless optics mounts have dominated the market space for nearly half a century. Contemporary mount design and technology dates back to the mid-1980s. This trend of industrywide complacency has officially ended with the announcement of this new product line from Griffin Armament.
Griffin’s SPRM™ mounts feature a unique patent-pending design that splits the rings on two parallel but offset planes, allowing for the integration of Accessory Interface Suite (AIS™) products on 5 mounting surfaces. This system affords mounting opportunities on both left and right sides, 45-degree mounting surfaces on either side, as well as the top mounting surface to be used for accessory interfaces. Griffin SPRM™ mounts deliver unsurpassed flexibility and utility to the discriminating user. Left-handed or right-handed shooters are equally supported with the SPRM™ mounts and accessories.

At the time of this launch, The Superior Precision Rifle Modular Mounts are available in multiple heights in 30MM, 34MM, and 35MM ring sizes. Models are available in both standard vertical (0 MOA cant) and cantilever orientations (15 MOA cant) . They are designed to support as many optic and firearm combinations as possible. From rimfire trainers to heavy gas guns, there is a Griffin SPRM™ model optimized to fit your rifle setup.

A heavy emphasis on anatomically correct positioning of optics was placed on AIS™ products, leading to the development of the RAPID TRANSITION OPTICS plates. RTO™ plates position secondary non-magnified optics on optical centerline relationship with the stock comb for comfortable, rapid, targeting with a simple roll of the host firearm. These plates currently support the following optic models: Aimpoint ACRO, T1/T2, H1/H2, Comp M5, Sig Romeo, Vortex Spark, Trijicon RMR , SRO, Holosun HE507C HS407C, HS508C, Leupold Deltapoint, J Point, Optima, Dr Optic, Meopta, Insight microdot, Burris Fastfire, Vortex Venom, and Viper, CMORE STS, RTS, STS2, and Vortex razor. Picatinny RTO™ plates are also offered. Flat mount AIS™ products support a myriad of optics as well as Wilcox RAPTAR, Simrad, and Picatinny (STANAG 4694 "NATO Accessory Rail”).

SPRM™ mounts are manufactured in the USA at Griffin’s Wisconsin manufacturing facility. Mounts are machined on state-of-the-art multi-axis CNC equipment from 6061 T6 aluminum. Manufacturing in-house provides Griffin Armament with the ability to control quality at levels rarely delivered by contract manufacturers. The geometries of Griffin SPRM™ mounts are machined to part datums probed on each part. Prior to machining, costly manufacturing time is dedicated to each part with Renishaw probe strategies coupled with Renishaw RTS set tool magazines. This ensures critical geometries are machined to positional accuracies of +-.0002” rather than depending on human loading accuracy in a much looser relationship to workholding based datums typically found in traditional optic mount industry manufacturing processes. By bringing aerospace industry segmented production engineering concepts and inspection equipment to optics mount manufacturing, Griffin Armament has successfully enhanced the state of optical mount quality. This persistent dedication to quality ensures that the theoretical mount quality and the actual production mount quality are inseparably linked for uncompromised, superior precision.

Griffin Armament’s unwavering drive and commitment toward the transformation of the optic mount market segment will continue to serve as the catalyst for future product development. The SPRM™ mount platform was born from a passion for the pursuit of excellence in product development. The next generation of precision optic mount technology has arrived, Griffin Armament Superior Precision Rifle Modular Mounts.

SPRM™ Features:
•AIS™ (Accessory Interface Suite) allowing the user to mount accessories on 5 sides of the mount body
•RTO™ (Rapid Transition Optic) accessory support - ability to mount Rapid Transition Optic plates to the system for a 40° offset to the primary optic, maintaining identical optical centerline height
•Ambidextrous support
•Individually probed during the manufacturing process for peerless dimensional consistency
•Stanag 4694 Compliant attachment, for precise return to zero
•Utility patent pending to support future technology development in the electro-optics industry

SPRM™ Specs:
•Unibody construction
•6061 T6 aluminum
•Type 3 milspec hardcoat anodizing
•12 (qty), 8-40 T15 fasteners for ring clamping
•4 (qty), 10-32 fiber lock patched T15 fasteners for rail clamping

For more information regarding Superior Precision Rifle Modular Mounts, Accessory Interface Suite products, or any of Griffin’s badass kit offerings, visit our website at www.GriffinArmament.com

74787790_4793203865875_8334892974332706816_o.jpg

74276310_4793202985853_921928023010181120_o.jpg

73261870_4793203585868_6902078681657638912_o.jpg

74459659_4793202345837_6497744494702624768_o.jpg

The mounts are really nice, they are ambidextrous unlike other offerings. The Simrad mounts work and put the Simrad properly on axis with the scope unlike others. The 40 degree plates put reflex optics on optical centerlines at 40 degrees. This product line is very high quality and we've had compliments from executive level people at Optics Planet, Midway USA, Brownells, Leupold, Aimpoint, Schmidt and Bender, and many other notable optics retailers. These mounts have a Utility Patent Pending. They are very high value and very affordably priced. They are designed to really deliver to customers.

Cantilever mounts

Standard Zero MOA mounts

Mount accessories (a few are coming shortly)

Leupold Optics Bundles (more coming soon)

Rings are being produced and will be available in the coming months.

Last edited:
Reactions: M77 and Tx_Aggie
How are the down facing bolt heads torqued?

There is clearance to use a torque wrench. Every mount includes detailed installation instructions and I’m going to be doing a video this week on installation and covering the features in a tabletop video on the mounts and accessories.
-Sam

Serious question What are the radius slots purpose at the split line ?

This looks a lot like a sphur and geissele mount meshed together.

Honestly, the only thing this blatant copy did was make me want to buy the original. Thanks Griffin!

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Regardless of what you may think about IP, et al., the need to remove the mount from the rail to properly torque the bottom-facing screws is a HUGE design fail in my humblest of opinion. Completely eliminates the GA mount from consideration for me.

Regardless of what you may think about IP, et al., the need to remove the mount from the rail to properly torque the bottom-facing screws is a HUGE design fail in my humblest of opinion. Completely eliminates the GA mount from consideration for me.
You said it more eloquently than all of the drafts I’ve written.

For every one of you, there will be 4-5 guys smart enough to realize it takes 3 minutes to remove the scope from the rail and put it back on, and at $200, that's $4000 an hour. The easiest money they will ever make. The easiest money you'll ever make is the money you didn't spend frivolously.

For every one of you, there will be 4-5 guys smart enough to realize it takes 3 minutes to remove the scope from the rail and put it back on, and at $200, that's $4000 an hour. The easiest money they will ever make. The easiest money you'll ever make is the money you didn't spend frivolously.

So wait, if I do a torque check on those upside down screws (which I cant do unless removing the entire mount from the rail), I basically have to re-zero the gun now?

I'm trying to figure out how this is being smart.

Pay me 4000 bucks an hour and Ill tell the smart guys why this mount is a dumb idea all around from the name right on down to the design.

Starting with... "its ambidextrous"... but we had to make one side retarded even though its correct on the other.
1573161327212.png

I see what he was trying to do, but....

If you're making $200/hr and something takes you 3 minutes, well, you're still making $200 an hour.
If you save $200 on the mount, and you only ever install it once, it's 3 total minutes of work for $200 saved, X's 20 that's $4000 an hour for the hourly rate of saved money associated to that task. It's pretty simple math.

8-40's don't need to be torque checked. If you torque them to 20 in/lbs they don't loosen on their own. So if you didn't take the mount off and loosen them, they won't be loose.

When I'm looking at whether to do something myself or pay someone for it, usually I'm looking at some job like wood flooring installation at 10$ a square foot, that I can do at maybe $250 an hour for a couple weekend days. That's usually about the threshold of savings where I consider the work profitable vs the trouble of doing something annoying I don't do daily. $4000 / hour is well in excess of that.

I did a 1600 square foot $16,000 wood floor install in a couple weekends. I kind of hated it, but $16,000 seemed excessive to pay for that install. Next spring my cement driveway is a $16,000 job. I'm up that $16,000 and I'm not doing that myself.

Last edited:
Experiences during my 5 combat deployments would like a word with you.

The only mount I had experience with that needed to be check tightened constantly was the M110 SASS mount. That mount had screw heads that were abnormally large, and I believe 8-32 (coarse screws) so I think the problem was that critical pressure per unit of surface area wasn't achieved and the screws loosened. Granted thread sealant would have solved it, but none was issued. That was a good system IMO so it was too bad that screws were part of the items bitched about and problematic with that system.

Conversely the SR25's of units often had Leupold rings and worked great. I was also issued an SR25 with a KAC unimount for a while and it didn't have the screw loosening issue. M24's never had that issue- the screws didn't loosen- Leupold mounts with 8-40 screws.

I had two one year combat deployments, each with 6 month pre-deployment training cycles, I think five 4 + month high threat deployments with Triple Canopy and SOC, and I never had issues with any system but the 110 SASS as it pertains to screws loosening on optics mounts.

Our 8-40's are custom, with 3/8 length of thread under .220" diameter (slim) heads like Leupold and PRI, I don't think loosening will ever happen with them if they are properly torqued.

Last edited:
I've had the same experience as the poster above- I've never had 8-40's loosen with no product applied, and nothing but 20in/lb torque.

We've tested the 8-40's in the product to 65in/lbs and the driver has been the failure mechanism (shear, or twisting and yield of the driver). I wouldn't recommend torque anywhere near that high, but if you are particularly paranoid, 25 in/lbs is not an issue.

If you use anything it should be a thread sealant like ND industries ST3- ADM uses an inferior 8-32 fastener and they use ST3 (a low prevailing torque anti-vibration thread sealant) 8-32's (a std fastener with a larger head and weaker more coarse thread) won't stay tight without it. You need to apply it and give it 10-30 minutes to dry prior to assembling- it's like a weak fiber lock patch compound designed to combat vibration loosening. I don't think it's at all necessary for 8-40's and that's why Leupold and PRI don't include thread sealant with their rings, but it is a product designed to combat vibration and allow installation and removal of the screws. The 8-32's have head separation issues at 25-35in/lbs. which is why most credible optic mount manufacturers use fine pitch custom fasteners.