• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grip extension for A5?

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
Does anyone know of any 3D printed grip extensions on the market, or anything similar, that would mount to the bottom of a McMillan A5 so that I could get a more stable hand position? Thanks in advance.
1628518983807.jpeg

My mind goes to two part epoxies that can be molded, carved and repainted. There are lots of posts on the web from target pistol shooters modifying their grips.

My mind goes to two part epoxies that can be molded, carved and repainted. There are lots of posts on the web from target pistol shooters modifying their grips.
Thank you, I’ll check it out. I was hoping for something similar to a pistol extended mag grip that I could just screw into the bottom.

Thank you, I’ll check it out. I was hoping for something similar to a pistol extended mag grip that I could just screw into the bottom.

I think you'll have to do mold some epoxy like Old Man said. I wouldn't drill into your stock unless you can epoxy some female threaded rods into it.

A different trigger shoe might help. I've noticed certain trigger shoe shapes position my hand higher or lower in the grip depending where your finger is supposed to fit in the shoe.

For example: the CG Xtreme tactical trigger shoe positions my hand higher than the Bix and Andy smooth curved shoe. Obviously flat trigger shoes will make your problem worse.

I think you'll have to do mold some epoxy like Old Man said. I wouldn't drill into your stock unless you can epoxy some female threaded rods into it.

A different trigger shoe might help. I've noticed certain trigger shoe shapes position my hand higher or lower in the grip depending where your finger is supposed to fit in the shoe.

For example: the CG Xtreme tactical trigger shoe positions my hand higher than the Bix and Andy smooth curved shoe. Obviously flat trigger shoes will make your problem worse.
Yeah this CZ 550 has a very low bolt handle ball and it interferes with my trigger finger with a normal hold, so I was just hoping that there was an existing product on the market to allow me to lower my hand about half an inch or so (as pictured above), without having to build up a custom grip. It also allows for a more correct trigger pull angle by dropping my hand ever so slightly. It’s not a big deal. At least I can use the half pinky hold to index my hand in a consistent way and use my two middle fingers to pull the rifle into my shoulder.

Last edited: