• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Grip Texturing job by Controlled Chaos Arms!!!

Megacab

Cunning Linguist
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Boston
www.snipershide.com
So I hit up <span style="color: #FF9900">Controlled Chaos Arms</span> and said I have a Sig P226 Tac Ops that needed a bit of grip loving...

After I decided on style and color I told him I wanted a little CCA bling thrown into the mix to separate it from the pack.
He said no problem, pop 'em in the mail.
So I do.
And I wait.
And I wait.
And I wait.
I wait a WHOPPING week and a half for them to get back to me.

Wait.

What?

It was only a week and a half???!!! Guess I was excited to get them back, lol.
As a heads up peeps, if you need faster turnaround time (say for a duty weapon) just contact Mike beforehand. He'll take care of you! Just want the panels done? No prob. Complete wraparound? No prob.
If you dream it, he can do it.

*INSERT GRATUITOUS PLUG HERE*
wink.gif

So here dey be an shit!

img0715ve.jpg

img0717gk.jpg

img0718eb.jpg

img0720v.jpg

img0722wr.jpg

Complete BADDASSERY!!!
Feel and purchase on the pistol is fucking outstanding!
Doesn't have that annoying sharp edge feeling, either.

On a scale of 1-5, I give these:
Finish: 5
Durability: 5
Appearance: 5
Price: 5
Customer Service: 5

Basically the whole transaction was just outstanding. Zero regrets about dealing with Mike.

So ladies, if you want want some kickass work done to El Pistola, go check out Mike Ware at Controlled Chaos Arms or just send him a PM at <span style="color: #FF9900">Controlled Chaos Arms</span>

Dig it!
Dig it hard!

Re: CCA Grip Texturing job by septic-tank13!!!

How to describe it...

It's rough enough to grab skin, yet not so rough or sharp that it is uncomfortable, or bites in and hurts.
I guess "grippy" would be a good adjective, lol.

Tried it with 3 different pairs of gloves (because some of us actually HAVE to wear gloves in the Winter
wink.gif
), and all three worked great. You'd need a pry bar to get it loose.

I like. Its nice to break up a all black gun. Looks great.

Do you really carry a double action gun cocked?

that is great looking work. i have a soft spot for black and tan color schemes myself.

liontribe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really carry a double action gun cocked? </div></div>

I sure do.

21 in the mag, 1 in the chamber.
Winchester Ranger Talon 127gr +P+ in case you wondering what was in it, too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Controlled Chaos Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i changed my screen name on you jack... sorry for the confusion...

wink.gif
</div></div>

No prob, Mikey.
A few keystrokes fixes that easy enough in the original post.

As an update:

I've taken her to the range 5 times so far, and have beaten the shit out of her every time.
This grip texture is FANTASTIC!
Sweaty hands? No prob.
Dirty hands? No prob.
Greasy/Oily hands? No prob.
Has not peeled or flaked one bit!

HIGHLY recommend this being done to anyone's weapon!!!
Don't vibe on the tan? Check his SITE , he's got other colors for you to choose from.

Oh, and you guys will be glad to know that Serpa holster has been retired.
wink.gif

imag0021uq.jpg

HOLY SHIT! It's still cocked!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really carry a double action gun cocked? </div></div>
I sure do.</div></div>
Ya know, when I first heard this I thought "That is a really bad idea". Then I decided to consider 'why'. I do not believe that I would EVER recommend that someone do that & don't do it myself, but assuming you are not a complete clown (and I don't get the impression that you are 'Megacab'), it's probably not as dangerous as it initially sounded. With that extended beaver tail to protect the hammer & the Serpa holster with a solid cover of the trigger & trigger guard, I guess it's not so bad.

Still, it's not for me
grin.gif
. By the way, great looking 226, that makes me want to take a cruise over to Iowa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya know, when I first heard this I thought "That is a really bad idea". Then I decided to consider 'why'. I do not believe that I would EVER recommend that someone do that & don't do it myself, but assuming you are not a complete clown (and I don't get the impression that you are 'Megacab'), it's probably not as dangerous as it initially sounded. With that extended beaver tail to protect the hammer & the Serpa holster with a solid cover of the trigger & trigger guard, I guess it's not so bad.

Still, it's not for me
grin.gif
. By the way, great looking 226, that makes me want to take a cruise over to Iowa. </div></div>

Thank you, J. You are certainly correct on all accounts. My new Safariland ALS holster is better than the Serpa as well. In ALL aspects.

As Downzero may not have realized prior to his insightful and just incredibly monumental query, I discovered long ago that no matter WHAT I do, I simply cannot find a way to make a gun go "bang" without my finger being on the trigger. Wait...I think I just stumbled upon a "game changer"!!!
*<span style="color: #000066">insert serendipitous look of sarcasm here</span>*

And no need to cruise over to Iowa, brah.
Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS know where 8401 Hwy S52 North, Baxter IA, 50028 is.
wink.gif

Unless, of course, you just want to go and meet some great people!

Jack

Re: Grip Texturing job by Controlled Chaos Arms!!!

Dude, you even type like you're from Boston... How is that possible
grin.gif
?!

Re: Grip Texturing job by Controlled Chaos Arms!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, you even type like you're from Boston... How is that possible
grin.gif
?! </div></div>

Because I'm wikkid fukkin smaht, Jesse.
wink.gif