• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grips for Mcree Stocks

Fate0n3

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
KY
I was wanting to get some help choosing a grip for a Mcree stock. I know just any AR15 grip will work but I was wanting some opinions on what people thing are good ones for use on the chassis. I see quite a bit of AR15 that have a very good angle back which is great on a AR15 but I was wondering if anyone knows of any grips that are more vertical almost like the grip the Whiskey 3 has on it. I have went through most pic threads and most seem to use some form of a Ergo grip.

Thanks for any help

Re: Grips for Mcree Stocks

Don't go Tango Down. I went with one as I liked the ergonomics and look compared to others. Unfortunately the protrusion to cover an AR trigger guard sits low and leaves a gap. I could cut it, but rather just use this one on an AR and buy a new one for the Mcree.

GripGap.jpg

Thanks for that info. That is why I am trying to look for more info so I don't have to end up sending something back if I don't like it.

The hard composition Ergo grip packaged by Blackhawk. A lot of WalMart's sell them now. Cut the part off flush that goes over the web of your hand. This one also takes paint really well. CKruse

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crshep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for something similar. I have small hands and most of the grips make it too hard to reach the trigger comfortably.
I currently have a Hogue, and while not bad I am wanting to try something like you described.
This sounds close:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUN-FIGHTER-s-Grip-GFG-Mod-0-Black-p/bcm-gfg-mod-0-black.htm
I am probably going to get one one of these days. </div></div>
I was looking at that BCM as well but noticed that its size is similar to an A2 grip. Therefore, I'm considering using a Magpul MIAD grip now.

BCM has 2 or 3 variations of that grip, I think the mod1 has a longer trigger reach. It has the extension at the top/back of the grip.
That was just the only grip I have found so far with the more vertical angle.
I did see one that looked just like a 1911 grip but it looked a little too funky.
Like the OP, I am hopeing someone knows of a more vertical grip, maybe from a lesser known manufacturer, I have seen or tried most of the common ones.

Thanks everyone for there input glad I am not the only one looking for something like this. After looking at the BCM which completely slipped my mind I might give it a try, but like everyone I hate to waste quite a bit of money trying grips out lol After doing a quick search I found a pretty good video that people might want to check out BCM Pistol Grip Video After watching that video I agree it does seem to be the best option for a grip with a vertical angle.

Thanks everyone please keep the info coming

Well after doing more research I went ahead and bought one of the BCM grips I will let you guys know how this turns out lol

I have one McRee's chassis for a GAP built FN/SPR action, and I'm using the Ergo Deluxe Tactical grip below.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/398889/...ed-rubber-black

I have another McRee's chassis on the way for another build using a Stiller action. I ordered another identical grip same as above for that build, that's how much I like this grip.

These grips provide about the same feel as the McMillan A4 stock that I have, only better in my opinion. Similar angle to the McMillan grip, but I think the feel of the overmolded rubber grip that the Ergo provides is far more comfortable. It may be a little large for some users, in that case I would recommend the Ergo regular grip as below. I have not used one of the Ergo Regular grips, but believe it provides the same angle but a little smaller around without the extra thickness in the "palm swell" area that the Deluxe grip provides.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/217592/...subv11949233731

I have a Magpul MIAD on an AR15, and that grip provides more of an angle similar to a stock AR15 grip. Plus, it's not as comfortable for a long range rifle in my opinion. I looked at that video for the BCM grips, and they really don't look all that great to me. The BCM grips may be OK for an AR15, but it helps to have a more comfortable grip on a long range rifle IMHO, YMMV.

Best of luck with your search and Happy Shooting...
cool.gif

I wanted to give everyone an update. I purchased and received the BCM Grip, I must say it is great. It is exactly what I was looking for. It fits the bill for a grip with a vertical angle and fits a guy with smaller hands. This is the first grip I have been able to keep my hands wrapped on the grip and still get a nice 90 with my trigger finger. It has been one of the best $37 shipped I have spent. I wish the grip had more of a ergo texture but it is still nice. Using this on a bolt gun I am not sure what you could put inside of the grip but having it closed keeps dirt out I guess as a plus. I will try and get pics soon if anyone would want them.

Here are the pictures of the grip. I will say the comparison shot is not 100%. It was hard to get the A2 grip to sit flat but you can see that there is huge change in the grip angle from it to this BCM and it would show more if I could have got it to lay correct. Def worth the money for this grip!!

Comparison Shot
2012-08-24_11-54-34_892Large.jpg

BCM Mod0 Grip
GripLarge.jpg

Just a suggestion: as you are getting used to the setup, try taking your thumb outside the stock and resting it on the bevel just behind the bolt handle on the McRee. I have huge hands, but have found this to be comfortable when executing a precision shot from the prone. I end up using the pistol grip more to move the rifle around, and also in a shoot on the move or awkward position shooting. To each his own, but I get a lot cleaner trigger pull with the thumb outside.
smile.gif
CKruse

That id actually how I have always shot before when I had a B&C and this stock with the A2. Now with this grip I can keep my hand wrapped comfortably and still get a nice 90 on my trigger finger. Def one of the best purchases that and the cheek pad from mcree

Thanks for the pic's, I tried to get one local here and could'nt find one.
Looks like I'll be ordering one.

I personally like the magpul moe+ on mine. It creates a flat surface for a precision grip and has a rubberized texture. It also fits all the allen wrenches you need for the mcree in the grip.
IMG_0287-1.jpg