• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Grizz huntin,

idahoorion

Minuteman
Apr 23, 2013
Going to have a draw for tags here in Idaho and in Wyo. Idaho is only for residents, not sure on Wyo. Finally somebody actually gets to manage the population and educate them that a gunshot is not a dinner bell. Hope its me.
Idahoorion

Only two hunters afield in Wyo at a time is my understanding until one of them fills a tag no other hunters get to go. It sounds like a greased pig round up.

Wyoming has a total of 24 tags, If I remember right 12 for residents and 12 for non-residents, but like mentioned only 2 hunters in the field at once.

Getting a tag will be like winning a lottery. Expensive, even for residents. I did some figuring and discovered I can hunt grizzlies in Alaska as a non-resident cheaper. My son still lives there so I wouldn't have to hire a guide. This might be on my plate if my shoulder ever recovers from having my rotator cup rebuilt. Even with a brake, my Model 70 375 still lets me know my shoulder isn't quite ready. Getting old isn't for the faint of heart.

In searching for brown/grizzly hunts, I discovered if one had to go the guide route, it would be cheaper to hunt these bears in Russia (Siberia) then Alaska or Canada.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Thunderer, The truth is I dont know. I'm going to assume you do if the tag is in a widerness area since non residents have to have a guide for hunting there anyway.

I wasnt really interested in putting in for one of those tags so I haven't read much about it.

Good luck! I love Wyoming! I lived in Casper, where my wife and I had Signe's Restaurant back in 1989. We loved the town and the wonderful people! I worked out at the Amoco Oil Refinery back before it shut down.

Great trout fishing and some of the best hunting in the Continental U.S.A.. Wonderful place to raise a family.