• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Grizzly Industries

Re: Grizzly Industries

I have a Grizzly Lathe. Its about 4 yrs old and has not had any problems. If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy the Grizzly.

I don't have a mill or lathe, but my Dust Collector is a Griz. It works good, and been dead reliable for 10+ years. Not the best, but affordable. JPG

Been using their lathe and mill for awhile.The lathe is very good the mill is ok.

I have one of their combo mill/lathe machines,G9729. Does everything I need to do for my home smithing work and then some. Not one problem yet. Good equipment.

Cheers, Cheech

Me too. Had mine 3 years and it is doing fine. I just releveled and checked the tailstock alignment and it is good. Mine came with the steady rest and follower with little rollers. They don't roll freely and bind on the castings. I have not taken the time to file the things to get a better spin because I do most of my work through the head stock.
For a gearhead lathe it is a good value. Especially for a beginner like me. Once I get proficient I may move on to a heavier lathe.

Thanks guys. That is what I was looking for. I don't desire to be a professional, but just thinking about a quality tool that I could do some projects with, gun and other.

I really thought alot before I bought my Griz and I made the right decision. I got the 40" gunsmithing lathe and love it. The owner of Griz is an F-Class shooter himself and is on this site.

I have a mill and a lathe, both work really well for what i need to make and they didn't break the bank. The mill is very rigid and repeatable with marginal backlash, the lathe is lacking in HP but Iam saving for a bigger one.

anyone use the benchtop gunsmith lathe. Is it good enof or should one go to the bigger gunsmith lathe? no production just building bilt guns?

I have a lathe and mill and a big bandsaw and a metal bandsaw and a cabinet saw and a .......

1. I can afford their machines.
2. I can afford the shipping.
3. The machines work well.
4. Customer support is top notch.
5. I want their big CNC mill.

If cash is a slight issue or your looknig for the biggest bang for the buck look at the G4003G

If you can swing it look at the G9730

Thanks for all the input. I have some decisions to make looks like. No matter what which one I decided on, one of these is in my future.

I have a Grizzly lathe.

Grizzly lathes are made in China with many interchangeable parts with many other brands imported from China.

The Chinese are horrible to negotiate with by our standards of business.

Grizzly is fighting the good fight, for us, their customers, over every stunt the Chinese try to pull.

Grizzly is there with parts and advice to help us.

I have the G4003G, but would go with this one if doing it over. This lathe wasn't offered when I bought mine.

Gunsmithing Lathe

It has some really nice features while still running on single phase power.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can swing it look at the G9730 </div></div>

This looks similar to the lathe that I have have. Of course they all seem to look much alike.