• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ground Meat

Casey Simpson

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2008
Louisiana
Yesterday I was talking to a buddy by phone during his drive to the trauma unit where he's a resident surgeon. A gunshot victim. 270 in the belly. Didn't make it. He said the liver was like ground meat.

We know this from various experiences, especially game hunting, but its a reminder that, at the end of a center fire high velocity rifle, human organs get pulverized just like game animals' do.

Re: Ground Meat

You got any pics?
smile.gif

Hmmm. He probably does, but they're probably protected by patient-health care provider privilege. I'll see.

Interested in learning the story behind that wound...maybe not.

The words "Never point the muzzle at anything you don't intend to destroy" come to mind.

Man is no different in composition than an animal. In the blink of an eye a life can change there is no question about that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The words "Never point the muzzle at anything you don't intend to destroy" come to mind.</div></div>

Been teaching hunter safety for around 30 years... Since I was 18. And, yet, this sort of thing is still commonplace.

One simple rule... Really. It's simple. Totally simple.

Sirhr

Nope. Dr. Rath said while the guy was dying he didn't think to take pictures.

I guess we'll excuse him this time.