• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Groundhog vs 338 LM Imp

Jerry R

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2006
Virginia
I was really curious to see what a 300 gr Match King would do to a groundhog at extended ranges and I got to find out last weekend fireforming some brass. This one was shot at 574 yd and needless to say I was pretty impressed. Entrance was dead center of left shoulder and exit was about 5" in diameter.

IMG_0690.jpg

This is the effects of a 100 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip running 3590 fps from a 25-06 Ackley at roughly 217 yd. The empty carcass landed about three feet from the point of impact one way, all internals went two feet in the other direction. Impact was at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder quartering to me. These results are very common with this load.

IMG_0689.jpg

Re: Groundhog vs 338 LM Imp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerry R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the effects of a 100 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip running 3590 fps from a 25-06 Ackley at roughly 217 yd. The empty carcass landed about three feet from the point of impact one way, all internals went two feet in the other direction. Impact was at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder quartering to me. These results are very common with this load.

IMG_0689.jpg

</div></div>
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeamn that shit looks like cut'm in half an turned'm inside out. NICE!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeamn that shit looks like cut'm in half an turned'm inside out. NICE!!! </div></div>

He's actually folded in half and his head is laying up under his tail.

This was one of your PA ghogs. I plan to get up there this week and pile up a few more.

OK, I'll play... This was done by my .22-250 Improved, Sierra BK Moly 50gr at 3940 fps, distance a whopping 125 yards.
One of the best aerials I've seen for a while, he cartwheeled off the rock he was sitting on in two or three directions. This was the biggest piece.

0709004.jpg

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I'll play... This was done by my .22-250 Improved, Sierra BK Moly 50gr at 3940 fps, distance a whopping 125 yards.
One of the best aerials I've seen for a while, he cartwheeled off the rock he was sitting on in two or three directions. This was the biggest piece.

0709004.jpg

That is bad ass bro. What kind of RPG did you say you used!!

1911fan </div></div>