• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group size

GE-Minigun

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2011
Virginia
I’m moving to a new house that will allow me to shoot out to 100yds and maybe 200 (plat looks like it’s possible). I know as small as possible, but what size groups should I be looking for at those ranges? Guns are 24” RRA .223 and a Savage Model 12 F/TR if that helps.

Re: Group size

Rock River- Depends on what sights you are using. Iron sights I'd be happy with 2-3 MOA, If you're using glass I'd expect to see roughly 3/4-1 MOA (depending on what, if anything, has been modified on it)

The Salvage- Good glass should be able to keep 1/2 to 2/3 MOA

(Groups are 5 or more shots. 3 shots is not a group)

Current glass on RRA is an older Leupold 3x9, I know I need to upgrade, but I just got the gun couple weeks ago and “HAD” to shoot it. Only scope I had available. On that note if I’m able to get the range built out to 200yds, what would be a good scope? Right now I don’t see myself shooting competition if that makes a difference. Should also mention I don't have the Savage yet

depending on your experience, and the rifles themselves 1 moa is good anything tighter is is icing on the cake. As for a good scope for a 200 yd range something in the 10-12x range would be good just to have the option (I typically shoot using 6-7x out to 800 yds). Check out vortex they make good glass and are priced really well.