• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GRS Warg!

Lowholer

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2017
Did my best to research these stocks but not much info on the net..Any body here held one or purchased one?

I held one at the NRA Show. I was pleasantly surprised at just how rigid the interface was between the polymer and aluminum parts.

Ergos on the stock are nice, as always. If you're in to the hybrid look and feel, I'm sure it will work well.

I'm also tempted by the WARG (and also the BiFrost, which is a couple of hundred cheaper at Eurooptic...it's the same stock up to the fore-end). I'm building a rifle on a Curtis Custom Vector and will be using it as a crossover hunting rifle with a 16-18" 308 barrel (Light, pointable and handy in box blinds and trees) and target rifle with a 6.5CM barrel.

One of my biggest concerns is that they are BDL vs DBM. I wonder how big an issue would it be to have it inletted for KMW Bottom Metal?

I've fondled a Berserk and the ergos feel amazing (assuming you rarely if ever want to shoot lefty).

There is a company in florida that does inletting free if you purchase there bottom metal.CDI in Sarasota florida.I purchased the warg for my savage 110 300 win mag and am sending it to them for inletting cost for parts 210.00 plus shipping.I as well love the feel and ergonomics of this stock lots of adjustments I believe these stocks will be a big hit as the word gets out.I purchased mine at euro optics free shipping.I am considering ordering a beserk for my 6.5 creedmore I have seen some nice groups from my local range friends shooting them.

Have a buddy that shoots with a couple of GRS stocks.
I've gotten behind them and the ergonomics are very good.

R

reviving a long dead thread
I too am now looking strongly at the WARG. Some photos on line lead me to believe its over priced plastic clamshell design. With noticeable molding lines. At $750 US before shipping i would hope not.
Anyway my rifle is a savage 110 FCP HS Precision in 300 PRC which uses 3.85 CIP magazines much like the 338 LM. The GRS people even have photos and video of this exact rifle in that stock/chassis thing. Ill post a photo below.

IF anyone here has one, or the bifrost, could you tell me your thoughts on it. How rigid is it, and does it "look" as "tapco" as some photos lead me to believe

i have the exact twin of this rifle (not in the warg) same fortmeier bipod and all
b4yasp.png

This review/build might be of some interest for you:

The 223 Long Range Practical Rifle Project: https://boltactionmedianzco.com/howa223

seen that one to. Decided im going to just order an Oryx chassis and have the magwell milled out to accept the longer 3.85 CIP magazines. Been back and forth for about a week now trying to decide if i wanted the warg or not. I like the look of it. I do not at all like the design of the stock in how it beds the action. I've yet to see any clamshell design function well at all. Everyone i've seen like this will spread apart as you tighten the action into it. I just don't see $750 in this, when seeing these photos and the terrible molding lines, screw hold in the hand grip, and the awful clamshell design.
z8ppiq.jpg

lzurkv.jpg

e5wsza.jpg